Nassau- Margaritaville day pass?

L1211

Planning a cruise today that leaves Jan 2. Not much planning time!  We port in Nassau - not my favorite.  But, I see there is a new Margaritaville resort near the pier.  Has anyone does this for a day?  Purchase in advance from Resort For a Day or can you purchase directly from the resort?  Is it walkable?  Thanks

49 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Planning a cruise today that leaves Jan 2. Not much planning time!  We port in Nassau - not my favorite.  But, I see there is a new Margaritaville resort near the pier.  Has anyone does this for a day?  Purchase in advance from Resort For a Day or can you purchase directly from the resort?  Is it walkable?  Thanks

We were in Nassau a couple of weeks ago on the Magic.The resort didn't look like it would be ready in time for January.We are sailing on Jan 2nd on the  Mardi Gras with a stop in Nassau on Jan. 3rd. so we'll see the progress.

We did this in November on our last Carnival cruise. We had a great time.  Brand new resort and water park was a blast. We bought tickets when we got there. I think it was like $80.  We enjoyed it would def do it again.  And yes it’s walkable.  

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, exm said:

That video is spot in. I think it's a great option, if you like the video.

They did a continuation on their next video (at the beginning mainly) including a tour of a couple of rooms.

If anyone has been to the spa area, is the steam room co-ed?  I know the lounge and hot tub is.

With the water being unheated outside and am rain in the forecast, my spouse and I are considering the spa pass.  However, we'd prefer to enjoy it together.

Edited by ChrisCJR
Grammar modification to make it easier to read

1 hour ago, luv2cruzuk said:

We were diverted from San Juan PR on our trip on Carnival Mardi Gras to Nassau.  After visiting Margaritaville, I am glad we were.  We spent the day there and had an amazing time.  I made a short video of our day if anyone is interested.

https://youtu.be/A37y71dg5Bs

Thank you so much for posting this!! We are planning on going in a few weeks.  Your video showcased the place very nicely.  Even if it is cold, it will be nice to sit on the beach.  Great video!!  👍👍🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KimPossible1 said:

Thank you so much for posting this!! We are planning on going in a few weeks.  Your video showcased the place very nicely.  Even if it is cold, it will be nice to sit on the beach.  Great video!!  👍👍🙂

You are going to love it.  You'll have to report back and let me know if you enjoyed it.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 1:16 PM, luv2cruzuk said:

We were diverted from San Juan PR on our trip on Carnival Mardi Gras to Nassau.  After visiting Margaritaville, I am glad we were.  We spent the day there and had an amazing time.  I made a short video of our day if anyone is interested.

https://youtu.be/A37y71dg5Bs

Excellent video, we are booked there on our cruise in a month, really looking forward to it.  You mentioned parts of the water park were chilly water, but the pool was warm.  What time of day were you there ? And how warm was the day ?  Just interested 😎

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, QOC said:

Excellent video, we are booked there on our cruise in a month, really looking forward to it.  You mentioned parts of the water park were chilly water, but the pool was warm.  What time of day were you there ? And how warm was the day ?  Just interested 😎

We were there most of the day. It was generally a chilly day (for Bahamas) at 20c (68f). But the water was heated. In January the sun was generally low in the sky.