Milestone rewards?

ALWAYS CRUZIN

When we did our 25th I did not know about milestone rewards. We did receive a diamond card that had the 25th on it. I thought that was nice. When I went to the bar, the bartender congratulated us and asked if I received by 25th cruise OBC. I had no idea what he was talking bout. Went to guest services and sure enough. They gave us 1/2 of the basic cruise cost in OBC right then,. 25% for my wife and 25% for me. Our next Carnival cruise will be our 50th. I called to ask about the Milestone rewards for it. I was told you get in on your 51st cruise. I called back and then spoke to a supervisor and she said you will get it on your 50th cruise for you. Then on the 51st your wife will get hers. So I was wondering why. I called again on a different day and spoke to a different supervisor. You will get the OBC for you and your wife on the 50th cruise. We will notify you about a week before your cruise. Now does anyone know what will actually happen? I am not sure which one gave me the correct information. I hope it was the second supervisor.

Guest BasicSailor

Boy they get you on every turn 🤣 Different answers each time you called. You should be able to take your Milestone reward first and then your wife's at a later date or both at the same time, your option. Actually, you don't have to take in on your 50th Milestone rewards or on the (50th) if there is a better cruise you would like to take at a later date. You should call the Diamond desk and setup the cruise of your choice.

Edited by BasicSailor

1 minute ago, BasicSailor said:

Boy they get you on every turn 🤣 Different answers each time you called. You should be able to take your Milestone reward first and then your wife's at a later date or both at the same time, your option. Actually, you don't have to take in on your 50th Milestone rewards on the 50th if there is a better cruise you would like to take at a later date. You should call the Diamond desk and setup the cruise of your choice.

I will call the Diamond desk. Thanks. We want it on the next cruise late February 22 it is more expensive then the Carnival cruises we have booked after that one. So more OBC.

Most Carnival telephone reps don't seem to know the Milestone program even exists. Some think they know something about it. This is one of those cases where a PVP is quite useful. Ours walked us through it starting before our Milestone cruise.  You earn your Milestone cridit on your 25th or 50th or 75th... cruise but you pick the cruise on which you claim your credit. The actual amount of the credit is the percentage (25, or 50...) times the cost of the cruise on which you claim the credit. We booked a Journey cruise that was a 14 day cruise and more expensive rather than take the OBC on a 7 day as soon as we were eligible.

I think that technically you can't use your Milestone credit on your 25th or 50th.. cruise. It is described as a "future non-refundable onboard credit" that is earned on your milestone cruise. That is actually good. Your milestone cruise does not have to be the expensive cruise. You earn the credit on that cruise then pick your most expensive future cruise to claim the credit and get OBC based on its cost. But I can see that they might be willing to bend the rules and let you take it on your Milestone cruise. 

See: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1173/~/guest-recognition---milestone-rewards-program

59 minutes ago, icft said:

Most Carnival telephone reps don't seem to know the Milestone program even exists. Some think they know something about it. This is one of those cases where a PVP is quite useful. Ours walked us through it starting before our Milestone cruise.  You earn your Milestone cridit on your 25th or 50th or 75th... cruise but you pick the cruise on which you claim your credit. The actual amount of the credit is the percentage (25, or 50...) times the cost of the cruise on which you claim the credit. We booked a Journey cruise that was a 14 day cruise and more expensive rather than take the OBC on a 7 day as soon as we were eligible.

I think that technically you can't use your Milestone credit on your 25th or 50th.. cruise. It is described as a "future non-refundable onboard credit" that is earned on your milestone cruise. That is actually good. Your milestone cruise does not have to be the expensive cruise. You earn the credit on that cruise then pick your most expensive future cruise to claim the credit and get OBC based on its cost. But I can see that they might be willing to bend the rules and let you take it on your Milestone cruise. 

See: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1173/~/guest-recognition---milestone-rewards-program

Why would they be bending the rules if I want it on my 50th cruise? It does say your 50th cruise. Not oafter.

10 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Why would they be bending the rules if I want it on my 50th cruise? It does say your 50th cruise. Not oafter.

"the guest will also be granted the opportunity to redeem a future non-refundable onboard credit equivalent to 25%, 50% or 75% of the cruise ticket price"

In my world "future" means not now.

For our 25th and 50th --- I think we took one credit ON the Milestone sailing, and the other a sailing or two later. We're gearing towards our 75th (getting the credit anyway) on the Celebration in '23 (ABC cruise in an Excel suite), that will give us a few grand of OBC... WHEW !

Over 9 years ago (when Diamonds were still rather "rare")  🙂

Liberty%20Diamond%20Milestone%20063012%2

Tom

• Like 1