Do not Board - Currently on the Symphony of the Seas 8 day Holiday Cruise

Gissi6

1 minute ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Ya I heard the captain had to make balloon animals in the kids club when the pilot would board.

Its hilarious the Drama that adversity brings out of people in these trying times.  It is very entertaining though.

Someone questioned the ship name. That why I posted, having been on the ship. Were you? Or too afraid to step away from your computer and go outside. Readers want facts so they can make their own decisions... not these never ending attempts to pretend you are the entertainment. Grow up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Someone questioned the ship name. That why I posted, having been on the ship. Were you? Or too afraid to step away from your computer and go outside. Readers want facts so they can make their own decisions... not these never ending attempts to pretend you are the entertainment. Grow up!

Fred in all honesty and please be truthful.  Do you really think the RCL is not trying to make every effort to make things right during these disastrous times.  Dont you agree with me that some of these situations are embarrassing to them and they are trying to do the best they can to make it right?  If entertainment, waiters, room attendants...get sick what are they supposed to do?  Scold them, tell them to suck it up?  This is a company trying to run a business during a friggan pandemic the best they can.  they are damned if the do (keep sailing)  and damned if they dont (keep sailing).

Most of these problems are 1st world problems.  I am with you!!  They suck, they are not what we all expected but what is the answer?

Its a company that has built its cruising standards to include kids.  They spent billions to build ships with merry go rounds, kiddy pools, water slides, rock walls, bumper cars, flow riders...and on and on.  On top of it they rolled the dice and made their destiny island a family friendly water park.  Its was a choice RCL made and we all have to live with it because we bought into it. We have three grown up kids, a nurse, a funeral director, and a pilot.  Our kids are gone but we still continue to sail with RCL knowing that in a Pandemic that requires vaccinated guests we are getting on a ship with unvaccinated people.

Our choice, your choice, and everybody elses choice.  Do we stay with RCL right now or get on a ship that requires fully vaccinated guests (Celebrity)?  I am not sure if it even matters with this Omicrom anymore.  The bottom line is we all have to live with our decisions and know that the company you spent your money with is doing all they can under the circumstances to make things as safe and relaxing as they can.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

knowing that in a Pandemic that requires vaccinated guests we are getting on a ship with unvaccinated people.

Wait....so RCL allows unvaccinated guests onboard??   Why?  If that's the case that could really impact our decision for our March sailing. Lemme guess...next you'll tell me they don't require masking either? 

Edited by OnTheJourney

3 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Wait....so RCL allows unvaccinated guests onboard??   Why?  If that's the case that could really impact our decision for our March sailing. Lemme guess...next you'll tell me they don't require masking either? 

YUP...and they do require masks....crazy

Edited by bajathree

1 minute ago, bajathree said:

YUP...and they do require masks

Well...what about this?  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof   Is this requirement only on paper and not actually enforced?  If they are allowing unvaccinated, I'm out - will stick with Celebrity for the time being. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

3 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Well...what about this?  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof   Is this requirement only on paper and not actually enforced?  If they are allowing unvaccinated, I'm out - will stick with Celebrity for the time being. 

Kids under 12 don't have to be vaccinated and they do allow for a few exceptions (medical, religious) for adults.

45 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Fred in all honesty and please be truthful.  Do you really think the RCL is not trying to make every effort to make things right during these disastrous times.  Dont you agree with me that some of these situations are embarrassing to them and they are trying to do the best they can to make it right?  If entertainment, waiters, room attendants...get sick what are they supposed to do?  Scold them, tell them to suck it up?  This is a company trying to run a business during a friggan pandemic the best they can.  they are damned if the do (keep sailing)  and damned if they dont (keep sailing).

Most of these problems are 1st world problems.  I am with you!!  They suck, they are not what we all expected but what is the answer?

Its a company that has built its cruising standards to include kids.  They spent billions to build ships with merry go rounds, kiddy pools, water slides, rock walls, bumper cars, flow riders...and on and on.  On top of it they rolled the dice and made their destiny island a family friendly water park.  Its was a choice RCL made and we all have to live with it because we bought into it. We have three grown up kids, a nurse, a funeral director, and a pilot.  Our kids are gone but we still continue to sail with RCL knowing that in a Pandemic that requires vaccinated guests we are getting on a ship with unvaccinated people.

Our choice, your choice, and everybody elses choice.  Do we stay with RCL right now or get on a ship that requires fully vaccinated guests (Celebrity)?  I am not sure if it even matters with this Omicrom anymore.  The bottom line is we all have to live with our decisions and know that the company you spent your money with is doing all they can under the circumstances to make things as safe and relaxing as they can.

They sure did not try on the Symphony 8 night Dec 23rd. Total lack of empathy for guests due to their failures. Canceled Feb cruises and won't be back until they prove they are ready to welcome guests.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Yes. Our cruise was sold as vaxed only but many unvaccinated onboard. Purple wrist band vs white. No real separation. 

Wow. Unconscionable. But, hey, money talks. Always has, always will. So what's with the different colored bands - to indicate non vac and vac?  Surely you jest. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, luckyfincruiser said:

Interestingly we were in the Dec 18 cruise- went to comedy show, headliner, aqua theater.  Listened to live music in several venues. Enjoyed the caroling show in Central Park. Never waited in a long line and were never bored. Food was all amazing and we had no food substitutions on our menus.  
we were just saying this morning that with the last minute changes and Covid increase we considered if we should go and we are SO happy we went.  
and also our crew was so glad to have us there and they were stressed bc the safety measures mean more frequent testing and potentially finding out they were positive even without symptoms.  I never felt that they had lowered their service though. 

Our next Royal cruise is in Anthem from Southampton. I'm sure there will be enough to keep us amused and enough food to keep us full. Our last Royal cruise was on Jewel around the med in September 2019. Will everything be the same. Doubt it. Will we be particularly bothered. Doubt it. The World has changed.

4 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Or paid cheerleaders for Royal. Royal got caught once recruiting and paying certain posters for always promoting the brand here. Rose colored glasses. (Watch who replies.)

Or maybe people who actually paid attention to what was happening on cruises, understand how cruising works(even if we haven't been on 40), expect someone who claims to have been on 40 cruises to actually understand how cruises work, don't appreciate people throwing tantrums at the crew, and don't believe in conspiracies by RCCL against the passengers, or that a talent fairy that can instantly replace an entire show.   RCCL could not pay me to make up things.  However along those lines, we could ask how much another cruise line paid the original poster to make the initial post and subsiquent answers if you really want to get further into fantasy land.

• Like 2

Just now, MrMarc said:

You mean they made you do something they have been doing for everyone since cruising restarted?  But you've been on 40 cruises!  Ho dare they!

Wow, you are really bugged by our 40 cruises aren't you? Most we done the old way... 1 point per night. During the conversation to the current system we lost some points but are still D+. Can't live long enough to make Pinnacle with newer system.

I wouldn't be scared of catching COVID on the ship. I'm triple vaccinated and getting over what I believe is Omicron (can't find a test anywhere but was notified I had a direct exposure), which has been a crummy week of congestion and cough, but I'm not afraid of it like I would have been a year ago. What I WOULD be afraid of is being taken out of my room and forced to isolate in an inside cabin for days on end. I am claustrophobic, and the fact that booking a balcony room to avoid that fate wouldn't protect me from being stuck in a windowless room without escape will keep me off cruising for awhile. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Is that what you call what you have?

I do, but I know other people who disagree, so you wouldn't nearly be the only one.  If I were reading this from your perspective and attitude, I doubt I would think it was funny either.  Honestly, from what you have said, I really believe that if you could catch your breath and calm down (which for anyone in your situation admittedly would not be easy to do), you might not have a grate time, but a better one.  If you are around a similar age to me(62), which from the number of cruises you have been on and the photo of your wrist I assume you are, then you know what I am saying is true.  Yes, I have been somewhat personal in some of my responses, but you put this out there.  The truth is I, and many in this thread who have disagreed with your initial post, really do have sympathy for what you are going through.  It's your reaction that is being disagreed with.  I enjoy trading barbs back and forth more than some, but in a more humorous way than this is heading.  But I will be glad to, as long as they don't get too personal, if it helps distract you form the ***** show that is going on around you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Wow, you are really bugged by our 40 cruises aren't you? Most we done the old way... 1 point per night. During the conversation to the current system we lost some points but are still D+. Can't live long enough to make Pinnacle with newer system.

It's not the 40 cruises, it's the way you seemed to imply that it made you better than the 1st time cruises.  If it matters, I am diamond (103 points), and I have done it the easy way with free cruises and 2-4 points per night since I go alone.  Regardless of level, what it means is you get certain perks, not that you are any more or less important than any one on the ship.  If anything, I envy you since you have been able to be on that many cruises.  I think it is great, but not that it makes you entitled to anything other than the listed perks.  And don't ever give up on Pinnacle, I have longer than I ever expected to and have survived things I probably should not have.  But having said that, try and enjoy every cruise as if were your last, a couple of years ago a 7 day on Liberty probably should have been, but my body waited until I was actually at a hospital before I had the heart attack that would have killed me if I had it the week before on the ship.  Please believe me when I say I am not making that up or execrating.  Maybe that is why I am spending so much time on this thread. 

• Like 1