*Live from Odyssey* the sequel

clover18

37 minutes ago, jonj said:

I wish they would test at the port before boarding instead of in advance. Yes some people may still test positive after they board but they would catch anyone who is lying on their health form.  I can't believe that person boarded knowing she was sick. 

NCL was doing this back in Nov in Miami. Everyone was tested free of charge at the pier before they boarded.  We did a B2B on the NCL JOY and were retested the day before the cruise ended.  

Stay Safe and Happy New Year!

Good morning from beautiful deck 11! It feels like we are miles from the nearest stairs in this aft cabin. But now that we’ve slept here one night I wouldn’t trade it. The extra room and double balcony are a worthy trade for only one bathroom. 

We are docked at Coco Cay alongside Oasis. Todays cruise compass shows very little options for evening events. Probably they are still feeling the hit from loss of entertainment crew last week. Tonight’s headliner will be a guy who sings big band hits and ballads “that will make your hair stand on end” 😆

We will go ashore and check out the pool and do some shopping at the straw market. No updates at this time about St. Thomas or other ports but will keep you posted. 
832C4CA4-1D7D-4375-92B7-D7204457B71D.thumb.jpeg.54382a9433a29af6166c6735a2231e2d.jpegED33C127-873C-4B0D-883A-87C649A67CDF.thumb.jpeg.98e35401c8568eb48154dee294934090.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, carolyn22 said:

Just read on another thread that the Symphony got turned away from Puerto Rico because entry requirements have changed. 

I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise in what sounds like a wonderful cabin!

Why oh why did you report that on here, people on this board don't like to read bad news.

• Haha 3

On 12/26/2021 at 8:55 PM, clover18 said:

Well frens. We had a good day settling back in. Despite having had to change rooms we love where we ended up.  Note to others: category J1 only has one bathroom. Tons of walking around space and a double balcony. But if you have a family of three you’ll be sad to have to share a bathroom. At least J3 and J4 have split baths with two toilets. Our room is massive with a ton of wasted space. A long corridor with absolutely no extra storage except to put suitcases. Drawer space is limited. We had much more storage in a Regular balcony room. 

oh well. Cest la vie. It’s a beautiful night with stars and we will get off at coco cay tomorrow. 

goodnight and happy trails….

Only the J3's have two toilets. The J4's have the split bath, but only one toilet. The other room is a walk-in shower, tub, and sink. 

Have a great time on Odyssey. Our last time on her was Dec 4, and now we have to wait to get back on until March 26.  I really like the ship.