Silhouette Review

Terre

6 hours ago, kearney said:

We didn't notice a spacing issue...but that might have been because DH has trouble walking and we were seated by the railing near the hostess station with no one near. I had no issues with the food... frankly anything someone else prepares is always at least a few stars...:)  I must have been oblivious to the various protocol violations I keep reading about. I just can't imagine being on the crew stuck on a ship for months at a time forced to wear masks morning to night and not being able to get off at any port. Sounds like hell to me.  If you want to talk about social distancing.. I hear comments about vans and dining rooms..but did anyone notice how packed in everyone was when we got off the ship..and the pushing and shoving.. no 6' there for sure...but if the ship had tried to force it.. I don't believe that passengers would have complied.

You are correct...tours were packed on the vans and buses.  All of the staff/crew wore masks except when I took their pics, so no one should use my pics to say they didn't wear masks as implied by another reader.  Even those working outside wore their masks.  In talking to crew, they can leave the ship, but only on a ship's crew tour and they still have to wear masks.

Edited by Terre

14 hours ago, Terre said:

Let me be clear...all of the staff/crew wore masks and wore them correctly, except when I took their pics.  As far as I could see, tables were spaced out for social distancing; not sure where you read that, but not in my review.  This was the first time the Beef Wellington had that stuff on the pastry.  Normally all of the Beef Wellingtons I've gotten on Celebrity have been good.

The stuff on the pastry is part of a traditional Beef Wellington... I had to google it since my sister makes this..not me...queen of the processed foods.... it is called "Duxelles"..it is a mixture of mushrooms, shallots, garlic and parsley... probably other stuff involved. I suspect yours had too much of this and that might have made the pastry a bit mushy... 

9 hours ago, kearney said:

The stuff on the pastry is part of a traditional Beef Wellington... I had to google it since my sister makes this..not me...queen of the processed foods.... it is called "Duxelles"..it is a mixture of mushrooms, shallots, garlic and parsley... probably other stuff involved. I suspect yours had too much of this and that might have made the pastry a bit mushy... 

Yes, it did have too much!  Didn't even taste any of those ingredients you mention, which I like, but the texture made it feel yucky!  Thanks for letting me know what that is, have never had it on a Welli before!

enjoyed reading your review.  

We got on when you got off.  Our first cruise since Covid and two years almost to the date of our last cruise on the Silhouette.   We had no problems.  Ate all nighs in MDR and had a set time reserved for select dining.  

we got off at all ports.  On Bonaire, we were prepared to wear masks at all times but when got to the golf cart rental, she said no masks need be worn.  We did wear them when we entered stores after returning carts.  

Aruba in town seemed to be most strict regarding mask wearing.

Cartagena did not seem ro be as hot as you remarked and only port we had not visited previously.   I guess we lucked out.  

This was the first time had issue with laundry.  I sent some cotton tshirts and a dark blue came back faded and looked as if it had bleach spots.  Showed cabin attendant and he brought it back restored!  

Hoping we can sail again in February.  

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:22 PM, gfkcruiser said:

This was the first time had issue with laundry.  I sent some cotton tshirts and a dark blue came back faded and looked as if it had bleach spots.  Showed cabin attendant and he brought it back restored!  

Hoping we can sail again in February.  

Glad you enjoyed your cruise...did the laundry correct the fading?  What did they do?  I started to send my husband's shirt back, but figured nothing could be done to restore the original color.

5 minutes ago, Terre said:

Glad you enjoyed your cruise...did the laundry correct the fading?  What did they do?  I started to send my husband's shirt back, but figured nothing could be done to restore the original color.

Don’t know how, bit they did restore color.  Was not an expensive tshirt but was newer.  

• Like 1