MSC Terminal and Parking Garage -- Port Canaveral

SherriZ366

9 hours ago, miataman19 said:

Docks at Terminal 10. The parking lot/garage is right across the street. They still might be doing some work on the garage but the outside lot is OK.

Port Canaverl Terminal 10..jpg

A large area of the surface parking lot right in front of the bag drop area is taken up by NCL COVID testing tents.  There is still plenty of room in the garage, but that will change with ship capacity going above 50% on both Meraviglia and NCL Escape.

Keep in mind that they charge you by the DAY (not in 24 hour increments) so for a 7 night cruise you pay for 8 days.  In addition this terminal does not accept E-Pass payments as I learned the very hard way the last time I parked there.

39 minutes ago, JMDB said:

I've got this same question - but for the Port of Miami!  Anyone recently sailed out of POM and parked at the pier?  Which parking garage and cost?  Thank you!

Got off a week ago.

All garages and open lots are same price.

We did 2 cruises 14 days it was $308 with taxes.

I assume that's 15 days.

21 hours ago, miataman19 said:

Docks at Terminal 10. The parking lot/garage is right across the street. They still might be doing some work on the garage but the outside lot is OK.

Port Canaverl Terminal 10..jpg

That's where we used to cruise from (and park) on Royal Caribbean before they built Terminal 1 so I'm familiar with the two structures.  

12 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

A large area of the surface parking lot right in front of the bag drop area is taken up by NCL COVID testing tents.  There is still plenty of room in the garage, but that will change with ship capacity going above 50% on both Meraviglia and NCL Escape.

We're looking at 2023 to possibly try MSC so hopefully COVID will be only a bad memory and the testing areas will be gone (freeing up parking spaces).  

Only live an hour away so we decided on Monday to take a short trip to the port and check out the ship and the entrance and parking situation (never sailed out of Term 10). Got there around 2 pm. WOW! They lines to get into the terminal were massive. There was even a line at The Yacht Club tent. It is a holiday (New Years Eve) sailing so that has something to do with it. Also, I talked to one of the parking lot attendants and he said that the terminal side staff was very shorthanded, about half the normal staff. Some other groups on other social media said it took, on avg., about 2 - 3 hours to get on the ship. The early groups got on alot quicker, 45 min to an hour. We know someone on the ship now doing a B2B2B and he inquired about the size of our sailing on Jan. 9th and was told about 1000 people booked. The sailing that left on Monday had around 3000 booked. Decided after seeing the ship to do a short A1A crawl of some of our favorite beach bars. All very crowded with tourists enjoying the 80 degree temps...lol

• Thanks 1

When I drove to Port Canaveral I used a company called Cruisetime parking. It was about 15 minutes from the port but they were significantly less expensive. I know that’s not what you asked, but since the discussion is about cruise parking I thought it might be worth mentioning that there are other options besides the port. We’ve driven to a couple of different cruise ports and parking at both was incredibly expensive. NOLA was $20 even though there’s a public parking garage that is so close you could literally throw a rock from the upper deck and hit the Carnival ship.