Is it possible would it help?

Laurie997

With the reality being what it is, with positivity or negativity changing by the day, I don't know why the testing is even required, as long as other protocols are in place. If you test negative, it's a false sense of security to both the person and the cruise line. If you test positive on Tuesday, you might be negfative on Wednesday, but the negative test doesn't count.

On 12/27/2021 at 12:08 PM, bgoff60 said:

Source??  

I can buy a pack of 2 for $19.95 at the store. So that’s $10 each.  Stores have a significant markup. Purchasing in bulk would be at a fraction of the cost. 

can’t vouch for $2, but $5 sounds easily in range. 

On 12/27/2021 at 12:22 PM, livingonthebeach said:

Correct NCL only takes fully vaccinated passengers and does the test at the pier.  There have been no horror stories on ships like on RCI and Carnival. 

We are booked in March and required to provide the test ourselves. 

On 12/27/2021 at 11:33 AM, Laurie997 said:

Hey all!!!

I was just thinking I know Royal requires pre Covid tests 2 days prior and “weekly” testing for staff. Couldn’t they offer a same day rapid test to all? Just a question I’m not that up on Covid testing I have had both shots and have had my booster. I feel horrible the cruise lines just started up not to long ago and we sail on HOTS 1-23 and just got back 12-12. Absolutely love love love cruising 

If someone tested negative 2 days before getting on the ship, even if there were given a rapid test before stepping on the ship, if they flew to the pier, sat in airports they could have been exposed. Or even if they drove to the pier, stopped for gas, they could have been exposed. Even waiting in line to board. There’s no way to stop the exposure except to live in a bubble.