Daily gratuity increase or glitch.

tracyfitzs

I was going in to pre pay my EPIC spring break cruise gratuities ( inside room) I saw the below statement- $29 per person per day!?!? Tell me that’s a glitch! 

Add Prepaid Service Charges

The convenience of pre-paying service charges allows you to plan your budget prior to your cruise giving you additional freedom while on board. A discretionary charge of $29.75 USD per person per day for all guests 3 years or older will automatically be added to your onboard account. Your service charges will total $416.50 USD for all guests, for your entire cruise. Guests sailing to Hawaii will be charged an additional 4.275% Pre Paid Service Charge GET Tax 

Here is from the NCL USA website. My current reservation also reflects this amount.

How much are the service charges?

For bookings made on or after April 1, 2020, that prepay their service charges before their sail date:

• $18.50 USD per person per day for The Haven and Suites;
    • $18.00 USD per person per day for Club Balcony Suite;
    • $15.50 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

36 minutes ago, tracyfitzs said:

I was going in to pre pay my EPIC spring break cruise gratuities ( inside room) I saw the below statement- $29 per person per day!?!? Tell me that’s a glitch! 

Add Prepaid Service Charges

The convenience of pre-paying service charges allows you to plan your budget prior to your cruise giving you additional freedom while on board. A discretionary charge of $29.75 USD per person per day for all guests 3 years or older will automatically be added to your onboard account. Your service charges will total $416.50 USD for all guests, for your entire cruise. Guests sailing to Hawaii will be charged an additional 4.275% Pre Paid Service Charge GET Tax 

You feel it’s to low or high?

• Haha 2

I have something similar on my April 2022 cruise on the Joy but worked out that it was the £35 per passenger admin charge I had to pay to move my cruise from the Breakaway. On my invoice is shows £70 admin charge and £168 for DSC  but my service charge on my summary was increased by the £70. All figures tally up so I guess it’s just how it’s recorded on the system