What was Your Favorite Cruise?

WannabeaTraveler

What was your favorite cruise and why? Mostly I'd like to know your favorite ports and such. Planning my next cruise (haven't even taken the first one yet lol) and I'm wondering if folks like the Mexico area, or Bahamas, or what.

Also, if you've done all-inclusive vacations, how do they compare to cruises?

The Mardi Gras from Miami for high school graduation in 1976. Nassau, San Juan and St. Thomas. At the age of 18 the ports weren't important. What was important at the time were cash bars, about 100 female grads on their graduation trip and a great younger school teacher that was at my table.

I shared a room with my cousin, and we were placed at a table away from our parents with 8 women...

OK.. now to 2005, one mortgage, 40 pounds, one teenager and 23 years of marriage; the Rhapsody this past summer.

Upgraded at the dock to the Royal Family Suite 8020 and had a blast. I had just spent two months in the Chicago weather and was ready for a vacation. Cozumel and Playa Mia was great, Jamaica and Dunns River falls, and a fun day at Grand Cayman.

Add the above to two empty nester couples at our table and we had a tremendous time. Up early and walking on deck for three miles, smoked salmon for breakfast and then a full day of a lot to do or nothing to do.

Good cigars, good rum and a balcony made for a great day at sea coming back.

Never Kick A Fresh Cowchip On A Hot Day...

Lee in Houston

I have two all time favorites (so far). A ten day cruise around French Polynesia (Nuku Hiva and Hiva Oa in the Marquesas, Rangiroa in the Tuamotus, and Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahiti, etc) on the Tahitian Princess. I could type for hours about all the great things on that cruise. Also, a cruise on the Carnival Holiday while it was running port intensive cruises in the Carib. We went to Tortola, Martinique, Dominica, St. Kitts, St. Thomas, Barbados and San Juan, Puerto Rico. Awesome!

But... All cruises are great... each in their own ways!

Of course my first was my favourite. This is because it was the first time we'd ever traveled except for camping. We were pampered, we didn't have to cook or do dishes, you get the picture. Heck second cruise was probably better because i paid ca$h for everything except s&s account.

Favourite ports; Barbados, Aruba, St. Kitts, Grenada. Heck all of them.

I have been on 3 cruises, Eastern, Western and then Southern. So I am taking my 4th to the Western, and I would really have to say that all of them were great, but I really think that the Water was much nicer going to the Western Caribbean.. I would cruise every year if I could afford it..

I LOVE CRUISIN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What was your favorite cruise and why? Mostly I'd like to know your favorite ports and such. Planning my next cruise (haven't even taken the first one yet lol) and I'm wondering if folks like the Mexico area, or Bahamas, or what.

Also, if you've done all-inclusive vacations, how do they compare to cruises?

My favorite cruise was my two week Panama Canal cruise on SITMAR's Fairsea. It was the perfect length, not too short and not too long. Everyone should go through the canal at least once in their lives, it's incredible how the locks work. I took more pictures of that day than I had in any of my other cruises alone. As for favorite ports, it's harder to narrow down. I loved the San Blas Islands of Panama for the molas, Grenada for the spices and beauty, St Thomas for the shopping and the beautiful water, Bermuda for overall beauty. One port I still want to see is Jamaica....someday. Prior to cruising, I vacationed at the Club Med in Cancun. The next year I took my first cruise...well, I never went back to Club Med again...not that I didn't like it, but cruising is a far superior vacation. Have fun on your upcoming cruise. :)

Cindra

I have been on 3 cruises, Eastern, Western and then Southern. So I am taking my 4th to the Western, and I would really have to say that all of them were great, but I really think that the Water was much nicer going to the Western Caribbean.. I would cruise every year if I could afford it..

I LOVE CRUISIN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wouldn't it be nice to cruise all the time like some people we know?:)

My favorite cruise was "Antarctica and the Amazon" on the M/V Marco Polo. The incredible scenery, the wildlife and the contrast of the two ends of the trip just blew me away. In my wildest dream I never thought that I would see those places. If I never went anywhere again, I would still have enough beautiful memories to fill my heart and mind.

Now I am looking forward to my next two cruises; Santiago, Chile and Valparaiso to Montego Bay with Central America & the Panama Canal and my Dec.2006 trip to the Galapagos Islands which I expect will rival my current favorite. I have been so fortunate.

Fran

Have only been on one of each. Last year we were at the Paladium (south of Playa del Carmen) in Mexico. It was fantastic. Tons of activities, drinks, food, be by yourself or join others for aerobics in the caribbean ocean, tequila volleyball or an egg toss. Cappacinio in the morning from your favorite bartender, shows with extravagant costumes in the evening. DH caught a huge barracuda from the shore, DSs went on the hoby cats, snorkled from the beach, etc. A good time was had by all.

Tried to go back for the holidays but the price was 2xs that of a cruise...so we tried the cruise. (Mariner of the seas s/e caribbean). Loved it so much we are going back to the Southern Caribbean next year.

The difference. I loved the different ports. Waking up to see where we were each day. I also like the social aspect of cruising. We met so many really wonderful people.

The AI was a fantastic trip. The biggest difference...other than being in one place...was the free alchohol. (Paying for it made us drink less on the cruise. Not neccesarily a bad thing!) Would go back to the AI in a heartbeat...but now the second choice for our family.

So far, our favorite cruise was an 11 day eastern Med last August on Celebrity Galaxy. Great ship, great service, and great ports. There was so much to see and enjoy. The Carib is nice, but the Med has a lot more to offer. Our next cruise is Alaska in June 06, followed by south Pacific next year. Who knows, we may have a new favorite coming along.

'Miner

Hi Fellow Cruisers:

My favorite of our last 40 cruises has been the very first one on the old Home Lines "Oceanic." What a difference cruising was back then. Almost everyone we talk to say that their first cruise was their best cruise. Fortunately (or unfortunately) comparisons are made against this first experience. This cruise happened to be when (now I'm dating myself) the TV show "The Love Boat" was popular.

We quickly learned that it's a mistake to make comparisons. The first wonderful cruise will NEVER be duplicated in full, but each one will have good and bad features. The trick is to have a positive outlook . . . and don't sweat the small stuff. I've cruised with very negative people who ruined their own vacation and came close to affecting others. If something becomes displeasing - take care of it right away to the right person . . . and then get back to having fun. Out of the 40 cruises we have sailed, only two remain as the trips from Hell. Not a bad average.

My 1st cruise was the best. A tiny ship, 27,000 tons, 1200 max passengers, we had 900 on for this one. Unfortunately this is the one we compare all the others to, and none have come close to the complete elation we felt for the entire cruise. Going snorkeling in Barbados was the bomb absolutely loved every second of it & the cruise. Now this was the first time we've ever travelled so I'm a bit biased.

Archived