New COVID testing requirements in PR and USVI, NCL denies knowing anything about it

Javajitterz

12 hours ago, Javajitterz said:

It doesn't specifically mention cruise ships, but "ALL persons entering the USVI must present a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of arrival" certainly sounds like it applies to cruise ships too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Everyone getting onto an NCL ship has a negative test, so wouldn't that satisfy the USVI policy as long as the ship arrives on or before the 3rd day of the cruise?

I believe it would. Our ship will be outside that window though, so unless NCL rearranges the order of our ports of call to get us to St Thomas before the 3rd day our ship would need to retest in order to comply with the new policy.

To kfnesq,

Since you're on the sailing just before ours out of Tampa next month, I thought you would be interested in this information post from the Roll Call for our sailing.  Looking at the time requirements and our port dates, its not looking good for making most of them 

2 minutes ago, Firstin87 said:

Just got an email from NCL Shoreex that our excursion in St. Thomas (Rumporium) has been cancelled.  Not sure if it is a staffing issue or a sign that St. Thomas may be skipped. 

I had booked the same excursion, but called Shorex and was able to book another St. Thomas excursion. I guess that is good news for now. It isn't all St. Thomas excursions impacted so maybe ships will still dock....

On 12/28/2021 at 8:09 PM, jstraw89 said:

What will they do for the cruises that depart San Juan and come back 7 days later. Will they require a test for disembarking?

Ditto for me.

I am at the point I want my cruise to be cancelled.  We have the illness risk, and all the hassle of trying to stay informed of all the requirements, and then having to comply with the requirements.  There is no way for us to obtain a good vacation under these circumstances.

NCL please cancel!  My trip insurance does not cover cancel for any reason.

• Like 3

We be fine all yall . 😉

** ALERT! IMPORTANT UPDATE! **

Effective January 3, 2022, the window for taking COVID-19 tests for travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands will be 3 days prior to commencement of travel to the Territory.

Travelers arriving in the Territory on or after January 3, 2022, must submit COVID-19 test results dated December 31, 2021, or later.

This change applies to vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, including those who were vaccinated in the USVI.

All Travelers

All domestic travelers 5 years of age or older, and all international travelers 2 years of age or older, and persons in transit to another destination, who enter the U.S. Virgin Islands by air or sea are required to use the USVI Travel Screening Portal and get cleared to travel to the USVI.

Domestic Travel (includes U.S. mainland and other U.S. Territories): Domestic travelers must submit a negative result from an antigen or nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) (e.g., RT- PCR) COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of travel.

International Travelers (including travel from the BVI): All International travelers must submit a negative antigen (antigen) or NAAT (e.g., RT- PCR) COVID-19 test result. Test requirements depend on vaccination, mode of travel, and age.
Travel by Air -Tests must be taken within 1 day of travel. Non-U.S. citizens/non-U.S. immigrants must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination status.
Travel by Ferry - Tests must be taken within 3 days of travel. Non-U.S. citizens/non-U.S. immigrants traveling for non-essential reasons (e.g., tourism) must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination status.

Travelers aged 2-17 are exempt from the vaccine requirement.

For the full list of COVID-19 testing requirements and exemptions, please visit https://*****/3qkop7j , https://*****/3H0WlM2 and www.usviupdate.com

1 hour ago, mpk218 said:

We be fine all yall . 😉

Effective January 3, 2022, the window for taking COVID-19 tests for travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands will be 3 days prior to commencement of travel to the Territory.

Travelers arriving in the Territory on or after January 3, 2022, must submit COVID-19 test results dated December 31, 2021, or later.

This change applies to vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, including those who were vaccinated in the USVI.

All Travelers

All domestic travelers 5 years of age or older, and all international travelers 2 years of age or older, and persons in transit to another destination, who enter the U.S. Virgin Islands by air or sea are required to use the USVI Travel Screening Portal and get cleared to travel to the USVI.

Domestic Travel (includes U.S. mainland and other U.S. Territories): Domestic travelers must submit a negative result from an antigen or nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) (e.g., RT- PCR) COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of travel.

International Travelers (including travel from the BVI): All International travelers must submit a negative antigen (antigen) or NAAT (e.g., RT- PCR) COVID-19 test result. Test requirements depend on vaccination, mode of travel, and age.
Travel by Air -Tests must be taken within 1 day of travel. Non-U.S. citizens/non-U.S. immigrants must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination status.
Travel by Ferry - Tests must be taken within 3 days of travel. Non-U.S. citizens/non-U.S. immigrants traveling for non-essential reasons (e.g., tourism) must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination status.

For the full list of COVID-19 testing requirements and exemptions, please visit https://*****/3qkop7j , https://*****/3H0WlM2 and www.usviupdate.com

I read this as cruise ships all qualifying as everyone is tested at least 2 days before boarding which is when “travel commences”. It doesn’t say 72 hours before arrival. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mpk218 said:

We be fine all yall . 😉

All Travelers

https://www.vi.gov/governor-bryan-has-briefing-with-president-biden-stresses-getting-vaccine-and-booster-shot-amid-likely-presence-of-omicron-variant-in-the-territory/

On 12/28/2021 at 6:09 PM, jstraw89 said:

What will they do for the cruises that depart San Juan and come back 7 days later. Will they require a test for disembarking?

The notice said 3pm12/27 there was a scheduled meeting for cruise lines with "home ports" in San Juan.  However I cannot find any results for that meeting.  Betting my 1/23 and 1/30 b2b out of San Juan is toast.  (Not sure whether to feel 🙂or 🤕...I'll go with 😐)

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 5:05 PM, Firstin87 said:

To kfnesq,

Since you're on the sailing just before ours out of Tampa next month, I thought you would be interested in this information post from the Roll Call for our sailing.  Looking at the time requirements and our port dates, its not looking good for making most of them 

Wow, thanks for this.  Not looking really good, is it...?  😞

23 hours ago, Firstin87 said:

Just got an email from NCL Shoreex that our excursion in St. Thomas (Rumporium) has been cancelled.  Not sure if it is a staffing issue or a sign that St. Thomas may be skipped. 

I got the same email a couple of days ago.  We are on different sailings though, so it could mean they just are not offering it anymore?  Or...that no one is going to St. Thomas.  

1 minute ago, kfnesq said:

I got the same email a couple of days ago.  We are on different sailings though, so it could mean they just are not offering it anymore?  Or...that no one is going to St. Thomas.  

Other St. Thomas excursions are still on. I was able to book something different when the Rumporium was canceled. 

Not sure when the new regulations are set to go into effect, but today…12/31/2021, my wife and I are on the Escape and we just docked at St Thomas as the ship has been cleared for guests to go ashore.  We are headed out in a few minutes and are not on a NCL tour.  We are planning to grab a bite at the Green House as that is a tradition for us.  We do have an early 1:30pm all onboard call today for sail away.  Sea day tomorrow and private island on Sunday.  Again not sure when new regs go into effect but we are docked today.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bassmaster150 said:

Not sure when the new regulations are set to go into effect, but today…12/31/2021, my wife and I are on the Escape and we just docked at St Thomas as the ship has been cleared for guests to go ashore.  We are headed out in a few minutes and are not on a NCL tour.  We are planning to grab a bite at the Green House as that is a tradition for us.  We do have an early 1:30pm all onboard call today for sail away.  Sea day tomorrow and private island on Sunday.  Again not sure when new regs go into effect but we are docked today.

I think the new regulations go into effect on January 3rd.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 3:36 PM, beerman2 said:

OP you don’t lose port fees, they are credited to your OBC. As far as all the other things you mentioned wait a day or two and there very well might be more changes.

Obviously it’s a total crap shoot right now with all cruise lines.

It’s not what pax want to hear however it’s the reality of things.

I was on the EPIC in December. We missed one port and we never got a refund.

On 12/28/2021 at 8:09 PM, jstraw89 said:

They did not test but they do track you . You get text messages regarding your health for about 20 days. 

On 12/28/2021 at 4:36 PM, beerman2 said:

OP you don’t lose port fees, they are credited to your OBC. As far as all the other things you mentioned wait a day or two and there very well might be more changes.

Obviously it’s a total crap shoot right now with all cruise lines.

It’s not what pax want to hear however it’s the reality of things.

They are not refunding canceled port fees . They have full discretion and have closen not to .