If you cancel ...

finny2

4 hours ago, palos said:

I find it restrictive too, especially during a pandemic.  Cruise fares cost a lot more than an airline ticket. 

Some people plan with friends and family over a year ahead for a certain week off, not to mention all the other life changing events going on.( Marriage, Births, deaths, sickness, jobs...) that effect everyone in different ways. We need more time to schedule a cruise into our 2022!  

Maybe with the new CDC recommendations Celebrity might have to start giving refunds or being more generous???  One can only hope!

Hoping the same! I had booked this in January 2020 so did not have the benefit of COVID-related hindsight. And of course, Celebrity did not change the Final Payment date until after I had made final payment..

On 12/31/2021 at 9:52 AM, 39august said:

The third sentence in the info posted by Jim says "full refund" if booked refundable thru' Celebrity Air. I hope that X honors that as we will be cancelling, more than likely, next week unless air travel gets a lot better. 

We also booked through Celebrity Air, but I don't think it is "refundable airfare".  In my experience refundable airfare is more expensive and I think Celebrity booked us the cheapest fare which is nonrefundable.  The only hope is that in the CWC policies it states that the airlines should allow a creidt which is good for a year.  From the FAQ below

If you booked air independently or purchased nonrefundable air through Flights by Celebrity, you should reach out to your air carrier for assistance with canceling or changing your flight. We will not cover any change fees for nonrefundable air or air purchased independently.

If you choose to cancel, the carrier should allow you the use of the ticket within 12 months of the ticket issue date. If the airline does not accommodate the use of the ticket value within 12 months of ticket issue date, you should contact Flights by Celebrity via email at choiceairsupervisors@rccl.com.  

On 12/31/2021 at 8:53 AM, kidz_rn said:

Just to clarify, FCC is for cruise cost. Taxes, port fees, and add-on are refunded.

Have never cancelled a cruise before our December cruise that we cancelled. Coming up on 30 days since we cancelled.

Should we be looking at our credit card statements for the refund of the taxes & port fees?

We really have nothing much in the way of paperwork about the cancellation other than confirmation that we cancelled and the date we cancelled. It was well before the 48 hour before sailing. Planning to to work on this next week. Secretly hoping they will extend the date into 2023 to use the FCC.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:24 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Lift and shift is gone.  If through a TA, you likely can move OBCR $$ if you make an immediatenew booking.  If booked through Celebrity simply put ask..  You never know.

The policy for Celebrity is you get a FCC for the cruise cost and taxes, port fees and any add on refunded.  

Yesterday, I was able to shift my 1/3 sailing to a 2/26 sailing under CWC.  They initially offered the FCC, but I asked about just transferring everything to a new sailing.  It worked without incident.  I just had to pay the difference in the fare as we went from a six night to a seven night sailing.  Just keeping my fingers crossed that the situation will be better by then so we don't have to change it again (which, by the way, I did confirm we can do under the CWC policy). 

18 hours ago, Softball20 said:

Yesterday, I was able to shift my 1/3 sailing to a 2/26 sailing under CWC.  They initially offered the FCC, but I asked about just transferring everything to a new sailing.  It worked without incident.  I just had to pay the difference in the fare as we went from a six night to a seven night sailing.  Just keeping my fingers crossed that the situation will be better by then so we don't have to change it again (which, by the way, I did confirm we can do under the CWC policy). 

Did you have airfare rebooked as well?

Thanks.