Explorer OTS Suite question

huntr104

We're thinking of pushing our upcoming cruise to next year and found a different sailing that I'm interested in.  It's the 8 night Southern on Explorer. 

So into my question. 

I'm thinking about booking a 1 bedroom Grand Suite. It's not much more than a Junior Suite in price but unfortunately the Grand Suites are only on deck 10 which is right below the lido deck.  I've done this before by accident and listened to pool chairs get dragged around all night while they cleaned.  Do you think it's worth dealing with that compared to booking a Junior Suite that I can get on another deck?Are there any other benefits that I'm unaware of when booking a Grand Suite?  We're Platinum level and have only stayed in Junior Suites or lower cabins.

Any other advice or tips would be appreciated.   Thanks

I like the GS, and would book it unless I had one of the awesome aft JS.  I don't think the sound from above bothered me, but it's been a while since I was on Explorer.  There is also access to the suite lounge.  The suite area by the pool is not worth it for me...too sunny.  The early walk off can be useful, if you have an early flight to catch.

Just pay attention to what’s above the cabin you book. Most times I’ve had no problems but once on the Vision, our cabin was under the towel station and they would roll heavy carts of towels in in the middle of the night and it sounded like we were under a bowling alley. I was livid…..

Thank you for the feedback. This was originally a trip on Odyssey in April of 2020 that we keep kicking the can down the road.  Originally Covid, then a Cancer diagnosis for my wife changed everything.  Hoping to get back to normal and cruising in 2023. Happy New Year everyone!