Vista NYE cruise

csj092809

On the vista having my last guys burger. Having been on vista pre Covid, and in July of this year, I’d say we are at 80% even with the last minute cancellations. Havana bartenders are Jose and Percy. 95% of passengers are complying with the indoor mask mandate. Not really a big deal. Masks on in all ports- in roatan we were able to take them off on the excursion bus. But in Belize we actually had a policeman on board wore masks the whole time. Good news! Starting to disembark!

• Like 1

Once the line started moving, we were on-board and done with muster within 30 minutes. Ate at Jiji's, which is always good. Our room steward is Kadek and he is amazing. We are in interior mid-ship on deck 2 and I can tell we are booking it trying to make up lost time. Definitely some movement tonight. We were tired, so missed the NYE festivities. Probably better since Cheers doesn't start until today,lol. Ship (so far) does not seem anywhere near capacity. I have only seen 2 people unmasked, but several with masks below their noses. It's always those people hacking up a lung while they pass you 🙄 . Anyway, sea day today. If I find out capacity, I'll post it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hurricane0226 said:

Will be going to Costa Maya on Jan 14 on the Pride, might think about going to the

Krazy Lobster, do you need to make reservations before you go there, or just show up? 

We didn't have reservations but I did contact the owner Mauricio via Messenger at The Krazy Lobster Costa Maya. He was very helpful and I think it would be smart to reach out to him.  I want to go on another cruise that stops in Costa Maya so I can go back!  Have fun on your cruise😃

• Like 2

Just now, ninjacat123 said:

We didn't have reservations but I did contact the owner Mauricio via Messenger at The Krazy Lobster Costa Maya. He was very helpful and I think it would be smart to reach out to him.  I want to go on another cruise that stops in Costa Maya so I can go back!  Have fun on your cruise😃

Thanks.

Sea day today. Ship is trucking, moving fast and windy conditions made for no slides or skyride. Captain changed Cozumel to a 1 pm-10 pm port call tomorrow. Ship still seems low capacity to me. Plenty of chairs on lido earlier and no long lines at food venues (that I saw). We, of course  have eaten too much. Brunch, Bonsai sushi, Guy's, and Jijis plus candy and hot chocolate and ice cream. Just ordered pizza delivery. My son got a haircut at the spa today. They did a great job and I politely declined the upsells. Lots of people dressed up and taking pictures.  Alchemy packed. Guest services line short. The NYE celebration must have been epic cause Kyndal sounded tired all day, lol. 

• Like 2