In quarantine on Equinox. Ask me anything. I’m bored.

Parkerson

31 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

For the record, we were not in a suite. We’re we’re in a regular balcony room 8121.

Ah, ooops.  There was a discussion of robes in your thread, and someone in one of these quarantine threads had evidently also talked about bringing the robe from their Sky Suite.  Evidently got you confused with someone else.

9 hours ago, canderson said:

Ah, ooops.  There was a discussion of robes in your thread, and someone in one of these quarantine threads had evidently also talked about bringing the robe from their Sky Suite.  Evidently got you confused with someone else.

No worries.  I did have robes in my regular room and my Covid room though!  Guess they’re not suite-exclusive. 

2 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Really?  I thought they were a shiny grey robe

They were a blue/gray in color, yes, not particularly shiny.  The fabric weight was so high that they must have weighed 10 pounds.  Could have used one by itself on the veranda on an Alaskan cruise!

Robes.thumb.jpg.b340118b2d842190b7552f38de76ff2a.jpg

• Haha 2

FWIW, I was on that cruise.  They bathrobes in the suites and aqua rooms are nicer, as is the bedding and the pillows - aqua actually has a pillow concierge service.  We also had slippers in Aqua, but we never used them.  Did anyone ever get final totals for the number of cases?  We were told by a crew member on the last day that is was 57 passengers and 15 staff.  A lot of people were complaining about the frozen drink bar (Slush) not being open, but we were told that they just did not have enough healthy staff to open it.

I have to update you on our Mojo65 … my fellow Canadian.  Well, you know she quarantined on the ship for 4 days … and then she quarantined another 4 days at the 4 Points Sheraton.  She she figured she’d be OK to take a domestic flight to Detroit after quarantining for 8 days.  Well, from Detroit, she took a car service across the border to Canada … and they told her she had to quarantine for another 10 days at home.  She said had she just stayed 2 more days in Florida, she would have been OK … but because she was 2 days short … she now needs to quarantine for 10 more days.  That will make a total of 18 days quarantining. How ridiculous is Canada.

Well … if I had any doubts about whether I should go on my upcoming February B2B … this might just be the nail on the coffin.  There are just too many hurdles and ‘what if’s’ right now, if you’re a Canadian travelling.   I can deal with missed ports, wearing masks, and cancelled shows … but the possibility of testing Positive on the ship or worse yet … at disembarkation … and needing to quarantine for 14 days before you’re allowed to even take a flight straight back to Canada … hmmm … that might be too much.   What do you think?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/8/2022 at 7:46 PM, Froufie said:

I don't think you have to go to that hotel - I believe you can choose where you wish to isolate and the would now only reimburse you $150/night....  I believe some people were saying this property was not that nice?

We stayed at Four Points for our pre-cruise stay (January 2nd).   I would Never stay at that hotel again.  The room was barely adequate, but the service personnel were among the worst I have ever seen!  Front desk were indifferent, provided wrong information, shuttle to/from airport was unreliable - just a mess.  And now I hear that it was housing Covid positive cruisers.  Somehow it seems that I should have been informed of that at check-in.  I would definitely NOT stay there for Covid quarantine.

Edited by Pushkin
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

We stayed at Four Points for our pre-cruise stay (January 2nd).   I would Never stay at that hotel again.  The room was barely adequate, but the service personnel were among the worst I have ever seen!  Front desk were indifferent, provided wrong information, shuttle to/from airport was unreliable - just a mess.  And now I hear that it was housing Covid positive cruisers.  Somehow it seems that I should have been informed of that at check-in.  I would definitely NOT stay there for Covid quarantine.

Interesting.  I also stayed there pre-cruise back in November and would happily stay there again.  Granted, it's an older hotel with updates, but the room was adequate for a night, the front desk staff was very friendly, as was the lone server in the bar/dining area who was busting her butt to keep up.   The location was great, too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, luv2cruise0611 said:

I have to update you on our Mojo65 … my fellow Canadian.  Well, you know she quarantined on the ship for 4 days … and then she quarantined another 4 days at the 4 Points Sheraton.  She she figured she’d be OK to take a domestic flight to Detroit after quarantining for 8 days.  Well, from Detroit, she took a car service across the border to Canada … and they told her she had to quarantine for another 10 days at home.  She said had she just stayed 2 more days in Florida, she would have been OK … but because she was 2 days short … she now needs to quarantine for 10 more days.  That will make a total of 18 days quarantining. How ridiculous is Canada.

Well … if I had any doubts about whether I should go on my upcoming February B2B … this might just be the nail on the coffin.  There are just too many hurdles and ‘what if’s’ right now, if you’re a Canadian travelling.   I can deal with missed ports, wearing masks, and cancelled shows … but the possibility of testing Positive on the ship or worse yet … at disembarkation … and needing to quarantine for 14 days before you’re allowed to even take a flight straight back to Canada … hmmm … that might be too much.   What do you think?   

Glad she made it home, but crazy that another 10 days are required.  
What were the requirements for isolation pre-flight?  Could she have flown back sooner, do you know?

9 hours ago, luv2cruise0611 said:

Well … if I had any doubts about whether I should go on my upcoming February B2B … this might just be the nail on the coffin.  There are just too many hurdles and ‘what if’s’ right now, if you’re a Canadian travelling.   I can deal with missed ports, wearing masks, and cancelled shows … but the possibility of testing Positive on the ship or worse yet … at disembarkation … and needing to quarantine for 14 days before you’re allowed to even take a flight straight back to Canada … hmmm … that might be too much.   What do you think ?  

As a fellow Canadian--- We decided a long time ago--- It's just not worth it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Froufie said:

Not sure what province Mojo is from but here in Ontario, along with a few other provinces, the isolation is now down to 5 days and not 10?  Are those working the borders unaware of this change?

Pretty sure it's Ontario, or else Detroit/Windsor would certainly be a strange choice of entry port  🙂

38 minutes ago, D C said:

Pretty sure it's Ontario, or else Detroit/Windsor would certainly be a strange choice of entry port  🙂

Well sounds like they didn't get the 'news'?  So disappointing - but what else is new? 😞

I must say, I came to this helpful thread from Holland America's forum which also has people in quarantine blogging about their experiences.  Having sailed on Celebrity, but favoring Holland America most often (like always), I've seen that HAL treats its quarantine people MUCH better than Celebrity which surprised me (I thought they'd be similar.). The HAL patients get calls twice a day from Medical to check on them unless they are quite sick then obviously they are seen more often...but so far, the ones who have blogged are asymptomatic or slightly ill. Meals, while taking awhile to get there, appear to be quite good. One fellow asked for and received dumbbells so he could exercise.  Also, it seems there's more of an emphasis on HAL to PROPERLY wear masks...mention is made that staff officers even will remind people dancing, etc. that they MUST be masks.   It certainly makes me feel more positive about HAL taking care of its guests!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, janmcn said:

I must say, I came to this helpful thread from Holland America's forum which also has people in quarantine blogging about their experiences.  Having sailed on Celebrity, but favoring Holland America most often (like always), I've seen that HAL treats its quarantine people MUCH better than Celebrity which surprised me (I thought they'd be similar.). The HAL patients get calls twice a day from Medical to check on them unless they are quite sick then obviously they are seen more often...but so far, the ones who have blogged are asymptomatic or slightly ill. Meals, while taking awhile to get there, appear to be quite good. One fellow asked for and received dumbbells so he could exercise.  Also, it seems there's more of an emphasis on HAL to PROPERLY wear masks...mention is made that staff officers even will remind people dancing, etc. that they MUST be masks.   It certainly makes me feel more positive about HAL taking care of its guests!

I can only attest to my own experiences of course, but I’ve been checked twice a day by medical on the Constellation, as well as receiving 3-5 phone calls a day from Guest Relations and the Hotel Manager et al. asking if there’s anything they can do for me. 

Food has been quite good (albeit served in cardboard boxes). Room service has taken 30 to 60 minutes from ordering to delivery. They know my breakfast preferences, my coffee preferences etc by now. 

I have no, absolutely no, quarrels with how Celebrity have taken care of me. I’m bored, I’m restless, and I can’t wait for my quarantine/isolation to end, but all of that is out of Celebity’s hands. They follow the regulations to the letter, and I respect that. 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Quarantined said:

I can only attest to my own experiences of course, but I’ve been checked twice a day by medical on the Constellation, as well as receiving 3-5 phone calls a day from Guest Relations and the Hotel Manager et al. asking if there’s anything they can do for me. 

Food has been quite good (albeit served in cardboard boxes). Room service has taken 30 to 60 minutes from ordering to delivery. They know my breakfast preferences, my coffee preferences etc by now. 

I have no, absolutely no, quarrels with how Celebrity have taken care of me. I’m bored, I’m restless, and I can’t wait for my quarantine/isolation to end, but all of that is out of Celebity’s hands. They follow the regulations to the letter, and I respect that. 

Any chance for a covid test to get out of quarantine? 

• Like 1

This thread has been very informative regarding experiences and helping me to understand what could/would happen if testing positive while cruising.   I believe the mandatory CDC rules for the “Conditional Sailing Order” transition to voluntary after 1/15/22.  Wondering if the cruise industry will modify some of the maritime rules to conform to land guidance, such as the 5 day quarantine (asymptomatic) v 10 day, particularly if people test negative after a 5 day period.  Curious what others thoughts might be on this?

8 hours ago, Froufie said:

Not sure what province Mojo is from but here in Ontario, along with a few other provinces, the isolation is now down to 5 days and not 10?  Are those working the borders unaware of this change?

She is from Ontario … and it’s only 5 days if you get Covid while you are in the province.  Currently, when travelling to Canada by air or land, if you were Positive while away, you must quarantine for 14 days before being allowed back into the country.  As of Jan. 15th, it’s going down to 10 days.   But  Froufie, it’s not 5 days for travel.    At least they gave her 10 days and not the 14 days.  Had she stayed in Florida for just 2 more days, her combined quarantine (ship & hotel) would have been 10 days, and she would have been OK.   

It’s too bad the American Care Team and/or Celebrity did not know the rules of re-entry to Canada. She did say she told the Care Team she was checking out … and they were fine with it.  They need to be versed on all Covid travel restrictions … at least for their neighbour Canada.  Knowledge goes a long way.  Could have helped her avoid these extra 10 days of quarantine. 

So you see how many more restrictions and hurdles Canadians have than Americans.  Sure makes travelling during Covid very challenging. 

• Like 3