L108 on Majestic Princess

Gracie115

We just had a wonderful short cruise on the Regal in L108, a forward Mini Suite, and have booked the same room on the Majestic for 2023.  The ONLY issue we had was that there was NO plug of any kind in the bedroom area of this suite.  My husband has a CPAP machine and the extension cord we brought with us was nowhere near long enough to reach the plugs in the living area.  Picture of the room on Majestic it appears there may be plugs of some kind next to the bed.  Can anyone confirm this?  We did get a cord from housekeeping, but it was the last one, so we were lucky.

We were in M107 on the Majestic last summer.  Both DH and I have CPAPs and we used the outlet behind the TV to plug in our extension cord which we then put under the bed and plugged both of our CPAPs into that.  Our steward got masking tape and taped the extension cord to the carpet so we wouldn't trip under it.

I have always found a plug on Princess ships *behind* the bed(s).  I, too, use a CPAP so I always bring various adapters to tap into that outlet.  Most often they were of the European style plug.  Amazon has a European "multi-tap" that lets you insert directly into the wall and then plug the original wire (usually a lamp) into one side and then you have another tap to use for the CPAP.

Now...your mileage may vary!  I've not been on every Princess ship but I have been on 6 or 7 now.

We were next to this room on the Majestic in August.  There is a plug under the bed and we brought a European plug to use it, but it was going to be quite a feat to get to it without help.  So we called and they brought 2 very long outdoor-type extension cords. We had to unplug and put them under the bed every day as they would have been very hazardous if left strung across the room.  No one offered to tape them down like azbirdmom mentioned, and it would have been the third or fourth time to call them back to the room for something on embarkation day, so we made do.

On 1/2/2022 at 5:33 PM, azbirdmom said:

We were in M107 on the Majestic last summer.  Both DH and I have CPAPs and we used the outlet behind the TV to plug in our extension cord which we then put under the bed and plugged both of our CPAPs into that.  Our steward got masking tape and taped the extension cord to the carpet so we wouldn't trip under it.

On 1/3/2022 at 8:43 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have always found a plug on Princess ships *behind* the bed(s).  I, too, use a CPAP so I always bring various adapters to tap into that outlet.  Most often they were of the European style plug.  Amazon has a European "multi-tap" that lets you insert directly into the wall and then plug the original wire (usually a lamp) into one side and then you have another tap to use for the CPAP.

Now...your mileage may vary!  I've not been on every Princess ship but I have been on 6 or 7 now.

We've not had an issue before staying in this particular room, which is a unique design, but thanks.

On 1/3/2022 at 10:48 PM, Mary Ann 2 said:

We were next to this room on the Majestic in August.  There is a plug under the bed and we brought a European plug to use it, but it was going to be quite a feat to get to it without help.  So we called and they brought 2 very long outdoor-type extension cords. We had to unplug and put them under the bed every day as they would have been very hazardous if left strung across the room.  No one offered to tape them down like azbirdmom mentioned, and it would have been the third or fourth time to call them back to the room for something on embarkation day, so we made do.

Thank you all for the answers.  We did see the plug under the head board, which is hard to get to but we didn't have adaptors this time.  We will next time!!!   Did you also have to use a transformer or just an adaptor?

Hadn't thought about the plug at the TV, will check that out too.

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

We've not had an issue before staying in this particular room, which is a unique design, but thanks.

Thank you all for the answers.  We did see the plug under the head board, which is hard to get to but we didn't have adaptors this time.  We will next time!!!   Did you also have to use a transformer or just an adaptor?

Just need an adapter (at least for my CPAP). Most are designed for use on either 110 or 220 volts. Check the power label on yours. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Don't use a transformer!!! You could damage your machine. That would void the warranty (if still in effect).

Use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plug the lamp into the EU socket & your CPAP into the US style socket.

• Like 1