Live from Grandiosa - Covid outbreak

soloadventurer

SB ... With all cruise lines I do read the same... no communication

This for me is the worst thing you can do especially for passengers onboard the ship, tell people the Truth and the Majority will deal with an issue in a sensible way, it also prevents people from guessing and Chinese Whispers going around.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, sidari said:

This for me is the worst thing you can do especially for passengers onboard the ship, tell people the Truth and the Majority will deal with an issue in a sensible way, it also prevents people from guessing and Chinese Whispers going around.

Well said

Just be honest and transparent

It will serve them far better long term

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 11:52 AM, sidari said:

We’ve just returned home from our cruise.

I have to agree with the post above.

With our cruise there was very little communication, in fact we woke up one morning to find instead of berthing in Valletta we were  heading to Palma. Announcement was only made halfway through the morning. The Captain told us Malta had barred the ship from entry. ( obviously Covid numbers ) the Captain cleverly qualified this with no new tested cases onboard - yes that’s because testing only started prior to Italian ports ( we only had 1 test onboard )

We were staying in the yacht club and kept seeing different staff disappeared being replaced with new staff. Our maitre d was replaced on the second day never to be seen again.

The yacht club restaurant & bar was like watching an orchestra without a conductor ( poor for supposedly 5star experience) don’t get me wrong the staff were friendly and lovely ( plenty of cleaning) but you could be waiting for ages for someone to serve you or just plain forgotten about.

There’s lot more I could say and maybe I’ll do a separate post.

Maybe just maybe the cruise should have been cut short and the ship deep cleaned.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, steamboats said:

According to this article (German newspaper of Mallorca) 15 people have been set off into quarantine when the MSC Grandiosa docked in Palma de Mallorca - 11 crew and 4 passenger. Despite the fact that the Captain announced zero cases.

steamboats

They must have all got off the ship just before he made his announcement!

"I'm pleased to announce that currently we have zero covid cases on board"

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Haha 1