Discovery stuck in Barbados

So Discovery set off on Sunday, supposedly on "Taste of the Tropics". I thought the itinerary was the same for each named cruise. This one seems to be a major variant.

From Cruisemapper:

Bridgetown*
Saint Vincent Island*
Castries*
Basseterre St Kitts*
Philipsburg St Maarten*
St Georges Grenada
Roseau
Bridgetown

*=correct to date

From TUI:

Bridgetown, Barbados

Kingstown, St Vincent

Fort De France, Martinique

Pointe-A-Pitre, Guadeloupe

Castries, St Lucia

St George's, Grenada

Scarborough, Tobago

Bridgetown, Barbados

As a result, next week's itinerary (Paradise Islands) is very similar ti this week.

Is therea problem with some islands rejecting cruise ships?

17 hours ago, idh2019 said:

So Discovery set off on Sunday, supposedly on "Taste of the Tropics". I thought the itinerary was the same for each named cruise. This one seems to be a major variant.

From Cruisemapper:

Bridgetown*
Saint Vincent Island*
Castries*
Basseterre St Kitts*
Philipsburg St Maarten*
St Georges Grenada
Roseau
Bridgetown

*=correct to date

From TUI:

Bridgetown, Barbados

Kingstown, St Vincent

Fort De France, Martinique

Pointe-A-Pitre, Guadeloupe

Castries, St Lucia

St George's, Grenada

Scarborough, Tobago

Bridgetown, Barbados

As a result, next week's itinerary (Paradise Islands) is very similar ti this week.

Is therea problem with some islands rejecting cruise ships?

I believe it was because Martinique, Guadeloupe and Tobago; are not open to cruise ships yet.

Edited by bishop84

Yes, we were on Azura at Christmas and New Year and Tobago, Guadeloupe and Martinique were removed from our itinerary. Also, there have reports in the press that there has been civil unrest in Guadeloupe and Martinique relating to COVID issues. So it may not be a good idea to go to them at the moment. Plus, when we went to Martinique a few years ago, everyone thought it was a terrible place and a lot of people were not made welcome by the locals. A lot of intimidation.  

It will be interesting to see how our cruise fares later this month as regards Tobago. We have had St Vincent, Guadalupe, St Kitts, Bonaire and Tenerife removed, but Tobago remains on the intended itinerary (different cruise line). I guess we will find out who accepts us after we cross the Atlantic and as we approach each intended port.

We love the Marella ships (did a canaries cruise just before Christmas on Explorer - brilliant week and have sailed on Discovery). Hopefully by 2023, things will run more smoothly as far as planned itineraries are concerned.

The father of someone I know is on NCL at the moment in the Caribbean (out of Miami) and they are having a brilliant time, no refused ports 'so far' (fingers crossed).