FCC Extension

Pickels

Good Morning, been on a Celebrity call for over an hour with no one picking up, (normal); so, I thought I run this by the Cruise Critic experts here!  We have a cruise reserved for March, 2022; if we cancel we would get a new CWC voucher.  On the website, it says it's good for a cruise no later than  December, 2022.  BUT, doesn't the "reserve a cruise for one year from your original cruise date, (March, 2022)" , override this,  which I take it means I can reserve  a cruise for March, 2023.  Am I correct?  Am I incorrectly reading what's on the website?   Thanks all.

3 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Good Morning, been on a Celebrity call for over an hour with no one picking up, (normal); so, I thought I run this by the Cruise Critic experts here!  We have a cruise reserved for March, 2022; if we cancel we would get a new CWC voucher.  On the website, it says it's good for a cruise no later than  December, 2022.  BUT, doesn't the "reserve a cruise for one year from your original cruise date, (March, 2022)" , override this,  which I take it means I can reserve  a cruise for March, 2023.  Am I correct?  Am I incorrectly reading what's on the website?   Thanks all.

Correction:  it states cruise by September, 2022

I was scheduled to be on the Edge 1/9. Tried to cancel online yesterday and got the same September 2022 message so I called. I was told I had until December 2022 or to the date of the email saying I cancelled.  I thought it was my sail date???  It was a few days difference so I went ahead and cancelled over the phone.

I think there is a glitch on the website with the September date.  I haven't gotten an email to confirm I cancelled- any idea when I will get that?

From Celebrity phone call --- If you cancel a cruise that was reserved with a FCC, the FCC is re-activated with a new use-by date (not one year out) .  If you cancel a cruise that was reserved without any FCC, then you get a new FCC with a use by date one year from the cancelled cruise date. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pickels said:

From Celebrity phone call --- If you cancel a cruise that was reserved with a FCC, the FCC is re-activated with a new use-by date (not one year out) .  If you cancel a cruise that was reserved without any FCC, then you get a new FCC with a use by date one year from the cancelled cruise date. 

That seems to be different from the website.

CA16B9B9-36E1-48D5-9C5F-DA330428B29C.thumb.png.90e72b3d40f5cb7af3ce23e9425932e8.png

Are they saying the old FCC must be booked not used by May 2022? My TA, during a 2 and half hour call with lots of wait times told me if I cancelled with an old FCC I must sale before May 2022. Which makes little sense with a late April date.