Outside cabin on the M class

ak1004

Hello,

We are going to book a Mediterranean cruise for the next May on Constellation. Since it's a port intensive cruise, and outside cabins are the same size as balcony (correct me if I'm wrong), we intend to book an outside.

Any tips? Good/bad cabins? I looked at the spreadsheet, but some of the information is not really clear. For example, one of the options is cabin 7000 or 7001 - they seem larger, but some mention noise issues? 

Any other tips/suggestions?

Thank you!

21 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

For example, one of the options is cabin 7000 or 7001

Years ago (1998) we had OV stateroom 7000 on the Constellation. We didn't notice any noise during the day or evening. Motion wasn't an issue either. Even though we enjoy the motion of the ocean. But itinerary and time of year would be something to consider.  Ours was a Caribbean cruise (March) and we learned quickly to keep the curtains closed during the day when we were out and about. Seem like that forward facing stateroom heated up quickly during the day even with the AC running full blast. We'd open the curtains up when we returned later in the day to have more natural light in the stateroom.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

The best outside cabins on M class ships are those starboard side aft of the lobby area on Deck 3.  They were added at a later date when some conference rooms were eliminated.  I think they are the same size, but they have bigger windows which makes them seem bigger.  There are no cabins across so they are more quiet, and being on Deck 3 close to the elevators is very convenient.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Years ago (1998) we had cabin 7000 on the Constellation. We didn't notice any noise during the day or evening. Motion wasn't an issue either. Even though we enjoy the motion of the ocean. But itinerary and time of year would be something to consider.  Ours was a Caribbean cruise (March) and we learned quickly to keep the curtains closed during the day when we were out and about. Seem like that forward facing stateroom heated up quickly during the day even with the AC running full blast. We'd open the curtains up when we returned later in the day to have more natural light in the stateroom.  

Thank you! Is it significantly larger than standard OV?

They have seven new O/V staterooms on Deck 3, Port side, 3115-3127.  We've booked one for a cruise on Constellation next month.  I checked them out a couple years ago when we were on Millennium.  They are in a very secluded, quiet passageway area of the ship.  The entrance to those rooms are at 3121, so 3115-3119 are the ones I would choose.  Rooms 3123-3125 have stateroom storage rooms across from them, and 3127 has a service entrance to Qsine.  On the Starboard side, they used to be quiet, but it is now a passageway to get to the Qsine entrance back aft.  3112 is the best of the lot and a little bigger than all the others.  We usually choose that one before they installed the seven on the Port side.  

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

The best outside cabins on M class ships are those starboard side aft of the lobby area on Deck 3.  They were added at a later date when some conference rooms were eliminated.  I think they are the same size, but they have bigger windows which makes them seem bigger.  There are no cabins across so they are more quiet, and being on Deck 3 close to the elevators is very convenient.

3 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

They have seven new O/V staterooms on Deck 3, Port side, 3115-3127.  We've booked one for a cruise on Constellation next month.  I checked them out a couple years ago when we were on Millennium.  They are in a very secluded, quiet passageway area of the ship.  The entrance to those rooms are at 3121, so 3115-3119 are the ones I would choose.  Rooms 3123-3125 have stateroom storage rooms across from them, and 3127 has a service entrance to Qsine.  On the Starboard side, they used to be quiet, but it is now a passageway to get to the Qsine entrance back aft.  3112 is the best of the lot and a little bigger than all the others.  We usually choose that one before they installed the seven on the Port side.  

Hope this helps.

Thank you! But aren't those cabins located below the main lounge on deck 4? 

9 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Thank you! Is it significantly larger than standard OV?

Yes deeper. Obviously the windows are forward facing and at a slant. I bumped my forehead a couple of times looking out of them.  I learned quickly about that. 

22 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Thank you! But aren't those cabins located below the main lounge on deck 4? 

I think perhaps they are, but we never, ever had a noise issue with them.  I have stayed in them a couple times (although we usually will book AQ or a Sky Suite if we can afford it)

• Thanks 1