TA vs Cruise Line

nycruiser1975

I am soo sorry, but I cannot find my original post. Which is better using a TA or booking through NCL. DH and I would like to book a cruise from

6-3-06 until 6-11-06. Once again, I am sorry for the inconvience. I am a newbie, and still learning:confused: :( . Thank you so much for your help...

I am soo sorry, but I cannot find my original post. Which is better using a TA or booking through NCL. DH and I would like to book a cruise from

6-3-06 until 6-11-06. Once again, I am sorry for the inconvience. I am a newbie, and still learning:confused: :( . Thank you so much for your help...

The link to your previous thread with answers:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298736

To find it, click on your name, then view profile, then see all threads started by.

Enjoy

booking online saves money...

we were on the star in jan,, on orbitz we paid 2132 for 2 people on a balcony , on NCL.com it was like 2500 same room, same date everything

its always cheaper ive noticed to book online,,,

like on expedia,orbitz,travelocity

melissa

Booking on line may save you money but not always. If you are a first time cruiser or not a seasoned traveler it is much better to use a travel agent. 90% of the time you book, you cruise, you have a great time, but for those 10% when things don't go quite right having a ta behind you can make the difference in a smooth cruise and a nightmare. TA have the abilitiy to reseach cabins, know the best form of insurance for your needs, can answer any questions you may have and give you advise on cruising in general. Booking through the cruise line is ok as well, but there are times when you will get a better rate if you use a TA. NMNita

booking online saves money...

we were on the star in jan,, on orbitz we paid 2132 for 2 people on a balcony , on NCL.com it was like 2500 same room, same date everything

its always cheaper ive noticed to book online,,,

like on expedia,orbitz,travelocity

melissa

Did you try getting rates from a TA?

Booking on line may save you money but not always. If you are a first time cruiser or not a seasoned traveler it is much better to use a travel agent. 90% of the time you book, you cruise, you have a great time, but for those 10% when things don't go quite right having a ta behind you can make the difference in a smooth cruise and a nightmare. TA have the abilitiy to reseach cabins, know the best form of insurance for your needs, can answer any questions you may have and give you advise on cruising in general. Booking through the cruise line is ok as well, but there are times when you will get a better rate if you use a TA. NMNita

Could not agree more, We have always used a cruise only TA and I have always gotten a cheaper price than any where else, and believe me I have verified each booking against all the other suppliers.

Could not agree more, We have always used a cruise only TA and I have always gotten a cheaper price than any where else, and believe me I have verified each booking against all the other suppliers.

How do I find a cruise only TA, I live in NYC. Please help. I am a little sceptical with using expedia and orbitz and them please help.:confused:

I always wondered about booking a cruise on my own but after the mess we were in with the Sun being moved to Miami after the hurricane in New Orleans I will never do it on my own. She spent many hours that I don't have getting things rerouted. I know I could do it all on my own but like I said I don't have the time it something goes wrong.

I wish we could give imformation out about cruise agents but we can't do it on this thread for obvious reasons. I would suggest you just check your local phone book for agents that specialize in cruising. There are 2 or 3 major, national companies out there. Good luck and have an awesome cruise. I know you will. NMNita

Archived