Door decor

carribbound

Ohhh this is a fun topic. I get my decorations from Party City or Dollar General. I usually will stick to any theme or holiday that will happen during the sailing time. The most fun decor. that I can remember was on  Disney cruise which they have a pirate night so inside and outside of my cabin was decked out in pirates. I also like to include a whiteboard to the door. Sometimes people passing by will leave great notes and a great communication tool if you have friends or family on board.

• Like 1

I have used these, adhesive backed magnetic sheets to stick my decorations to the door.  They work great to convert a stick-on decal or other material into a magnet.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Decor-Frames/Frames-Photo-Albums/Hardware-Accessories/Magnetic-Photo-Sheet/p/38586?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4L_H9Nqe9QIVS-7jBx2fuArdEAQYBCABEgIpx_D_BwE

I'm not the crafty type so not much into the door decorating, although I do enjoy seeing what others do. I have 4 strings of Mardi Gras beads that I weave through the holes in the cabin mail box, leaving about 6 inches hanging down. Not real festive, but helps us find the cabin!

30 minutes ago, nlktx49 said:

I'm not the crafty type so not much into the door decorating, although I do enjoy seeing what others do. I have 4 strings of Mardi Gras beads that I weave through the holes in the cabin mail box, leaving about 6 inches hanging down. Not real festive, but helps us find the cabin!

Magnetic hooks work great for hanging strings of beads, masks, hanging type signs, or other bulky decorations on the door.  I use the ones with vinyl backing just as an extra precaution against scratching the cabin door, but I have used them without the backing on the refrigerator at home and never had a problem with scratching.   

I always pack plenty of them for door decorations, and for extra hanging space in the cabin.  Just keep in mind that the rated weight is pulling straight down from thick steel, not on a painted, thin metal, vertical wall.  A 50-pound rated hook will probably hold about 15 pounds hanging on the door or wall. 

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

My cabin steward told me they HATE the the door decorations, especially during covid.  It prohibits  the staff From sterilizing the doors.  They are supposed to have all hard touch surfaces wiped down daily. They cant wipe down the doors what have coverings of magnets all over the place. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1