Departure time Haneda Airport

insley

We will be departing on our international flight from Haneda to LAX following our cruise on Monday, Nov. 7, 2022.  Our cruise is due to arrive In Yokohama at 6:30 am.  Would it be viable to book a 1:00 pm airline departure from Haneda that day? The next flight is not until 7pm. Not sure how much time is needed in debarkation and arrival at the airport.  

Thank you!

Pat

Pat,

Difficult to predict what will be happening with all the COVID drama going on.

Pre-COVID, you would have no problem with a 1pm flight.

There are numerous Bus Transfers, Trains, Subways, and Taxis that can get you quickly and affordably from the Osanbashi Cruise Terminal in Yokohama to Haneda Airport.

You didn't mention the ship you will be disembarking from.

A bigger ship will take longer to clear - but even a big ship would have little problem with that schedule - PRE-COVID.

Currently there are no non-Japanese cruise ships allowed to visit Japan.

In fact, no foreigners are allowed to visit Japan for any reason at this point in time.

Only Japanese residents are allowed to leave the country and return. But even for us, the process is very difficult. I travel overseas frequently. When I return (by air) to Japan, there are only 3 airports in the country that will allow me in.

I must jump through many hoops even before flying into Japan; lots of paperwork, frequent PCR tests. I must have a smartphone loaded with 2 tracking Apps to follow my every move for 14 days after my arrival. 

When I arrive at Haneda or Narita, I must have an immediate Antigen test. 

After testing negative, I spend an hour filling out paperwork and answering questions.

I am not allowed to take any public transportation, and must have proof of a private vehicle to take me to my home.

The past three times (in 2021) I have re-entered Japan, the process of getting back into the country at the airport took over 4 hours. 

When I arrive at home, I must not leave my house for 14 days.

Each day, I receive a random video call from Japanese Health Officials, checking on my health status.

Each morning I must enter my body temperature, heartbeat, and blood pressure into my tracking APP.

Every day, my tracking App will beep a various times. I am legally required to push a button on my smartphone each time, signaling my location via GPS.

Every day or so, I receive random voice telephone calls from Public Health Officials to determine my health status and location.

In recent weeks, Japan was trying to loosen restrictions and allow visitors to enter Japan.

Then the US Government was caught flying infected troops in and out of the country on commercial flights. The door quickly slammed shut.

Now there are several large COVID outbreaks at US Military bases in Southern Japan.

It is highly unlikely that any more foreigners will be allowed to visit Japan for any reason in 2022. 

I really hope you get to cruise to Japan at some point, but it does not appear possible in 2022.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Check the cruise ship air and see what time they will allow for a departure flight and use that time as your safe guide. 

Also, check into cruise ship transport.....We find sometimes it is a deal, sometimes not....No experience with Japan. 

We are sailing to Japan in September.....first time....looking forward to it!

On 3/4/2022 at 9:53 AM, GulfShoresCruiser said:

Check the cruise ship air and see what time they will allow for a departure flight and use that time as your safe guide. 

Also, check into cruise ship transport.....We find sometimes it is a deal, sometimes not....No experience with Japan. 

We are sailing to Japan in September.....first time....looking forward to it!

You may want to make a Plan B for your upcoming Japan cruise. It is looking less and less likely that foreigners will be allowed to visit Japan for tourism in 2022.

Thank you GulfshoresCruiser and BruceMuzz. 

We have opted for the later flight departure just to be safe. In regard to the cruise itself, we are comfortable waiting until when the final payment is due in late July to make any final decisions.

Pat

Japan is VERY, VERY slowly opening back up.

As of 01 April, the Japanese Government will increase the number of people allowed to enter Japan to 10,000 per day (300,000 per month). Residents Only.

Foreign Students might begin to enter Japan on a very limited basis next month as well.

Pre-COVID we were seeing between 2.5 and 3 million visitors per month.

Numbers for the 6th COVID wave in Japan are dropping rapidly.

There is still a small chance for tourism in Japan before the end of the year.

Numbers are dropping rapidly in Japan, going by this site. My guess - and I am not running the Japanese government, which is probably a good thing - is that a month from now Covid will not be the factor it was a month ago, and there will be increasing pressure to open up. 

Here in Australia our international border is open once more, I was able to travel interstate a couple of days ago without any tests or certificates or approvals, cruising is resuming, and masks are steadily disappearing. We're not completely over it yet but another month at this rate and it will be something in the rear view.

Unless there is something new come up, which is always on the cards…

• 3 weeks later...

08 April 2022

US Military bases in Japan are still locked down with massive outbreaks.

The Japanese cities around those bases are still suffering large COVID Numbers.

Next week the Japanese Government will increase the daily number of Japanese Residents allowed to re-enter Japan from 7,000 per day to 10,000 per day.

Japanese Health authorities announced yesterday that there is no plan to allow foreign tourists to enter Japan anytime soon.

I return to Japan next week.

Most of the quarantine procedures are still in place for me:

No public transit allowed

Home quarantine

Frequent testing

Tracking Apps on my mobile telephone

Daily voice and video calls to determine my condition and location

Daily GPS checks to determine my location

Daily entries of my vitals on my tracking APP

Home visit by medial authorities

PCR Test at the end of my quarantine

On 4/8/2022 at 2:07 AM, BruceMuzz said:

Japanese Health authorities announced yesterday that there is no plan to allow foreign tourists to enter Japan anytime soon.

Is there a link to this announcement?  I tried searching & most recent I found was March 1.

Still holding out hope for a circumnavigation of Japan in September.

Thanks

19 hours ago, gwesq said:

Is there a link to this announcement?  I tried searching & most recent I found was March 1.

Still holding out hope for a circumnavigation of Japan in September.

Thanks

Japan Times - Japanese language edition.