Navigator App

iflyrc5

We are 25 days from boarding and from what I understand our boarding documents will not appear on the app until about 14 days out.  I also understand that we are supposed to add our photo to the app to be used for photo recognition but I don't see how to add this photo.  Does the ability to add the photo not show up  until the boarding pass is active on the app?

For what it's worth, we did not upload photos to the Navigator app prior to our mid-November cruise on NA. One of the procedures during terminal check-in was to have our photos taken by the check-in agent using a stand-mounted, dedicated camera.

David

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riversedge said:

We uploaded a picture for our September Eurodam cruise and they took another onboard anyways.  Not going to bother this time.  I’m pretty sure info for the last cruise and the upcoming one showed up more than two weeks out. 

I had the same experience on the Eurodam.

On 1/8/2022 at 12:46 PM, dawei said:

For what it's worth, we did not upload photos to the Navigator app prior to our mid-November cruise on NA. One of the procedures during terminal check-in was to have our photos taken by the check-in agent using a stand-mounted, dedicated camera.

David

Same with us last month.  We never got around to trying to upload our photos so HAL just took our photos in the terminal during check-in.  It was a very easy process that just added a couple minutes to our check-in.

We both uploaded photos to the app for our November Rotterdam sailing, a week or two before departure. It was an easy process (you could choose a photo from your phone or take a new one) and a check-mark appeared on the image after we did it. Photos then appeared on my Navigator home page. 

We did not have our photos taken again at the pier, so it saved a few minutes. 

Note there are requirements - must be taken within six months, facing forward. No eye glasses, headsets or wireless devices in the pic, and no hats, etc. Must be in color. 

Edited by Caribbean Chris

For our September cruise - took new Photos of myself and DW. During embarkation they accepted the photo of my DW but I had to have a new one taken, only took another minute or so. Of course - she is much better looking than me so there is that.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:15 AM, Riversedge said:

We uploaded a picture for our September Eurodam cruise and they took another onboard anyways.  Not going to bother this time.  I’m pretty sure info for the last cruise and the upcoming one showed up more than two weeks out. 

Hi Linda and Ed,

We also had our picture retaken when we checked in.  We are 3 weeks out for our Caribbean cruise and the  navigator just a few days ago has the itinerary on it.  No mention of taking a picture yet!!  I remember doing ours for the Eurodam at the hotel in Venice!!

On 1/10/2022 at 4:16 PM, highland cruiser said:

Hi Linda and Ed,

We also had our picture retaken when we checked in.  We are 3 weeks out for our Caribbean cruise and the  navigator just a few days ago has the itinerary on it.  No mention of taking a picture yet!!  I remember doing ours for the Eurodam at the hotel in Venice!!

My husband did upload a picture and I did not.  Took me about 20 seconds more to go thru the line. 

One of us uploaded a photo in the app before our cruise, and the other did not. They claimed the upload wasn't there and took both of our photos again during check-in. I don't mind using the app, but if you're asking me to fill out forms and upload items pre-cruise, they shouldn't make you repeat the work at the terminal. Otherwise, what's the point of filling out things in advance in the first place?

Given these replies and experiences here, I wouldn't hold my breath if you're uploading anything in app beforehand.

Edited by Infi