Regal Princess Room Steward

Margarita Jane

Perhaps this wouldn’t bother everyone, but it really freaked out my DH and me. On the last night of the cruise, our room steward took it upon himself to move everything off our bathroom shelves and onto the counter. This means he was touching our toothbrushes, our hair brushes, our toothpaste, etc. My DH asked him why he would do this, and he said it was so he could clean the shelves before the next cruise. He also said he had on gloves, but didn’t mention how many toilets he’d cleaned with this same gloves. Besides letting him know we were really unhappy that he would touch our personal stuff, we also reported our displeasure to Customer Service, and in our post cruise survey. 

If this freaks you out, too, avoid Nomer for your room steward. We were on Marina deck, port side low 500’s.

Yeah that is weird because they should do the cleaning for the next cruise after you leave. Who is to say you wont put your tooth brush back up there after he cleans it.  On the other hand the guy is probably going to lose his job now.

We have had something similar in the past several times on Princess, mainly on the now gone smaller ships such as the Pacific Princess.

The last evening the cabin steward did not do anything to our bathroom stuff, but emptied out desk draws and threw out papers he considered trash but which were not. Also cleared top shelf of closet, again throwing out items we wanted to keep. Of course what had been taken to trash was not retrievable. We were not happy campers and reported our unhappiness to the head of housekeeping.

Very weird, never had that happen to us. These stewards are probably under a lot of preesure to get cabins ready on turn- around day but they should not be touching personal belongings or cleaning your cabin until you leave the cabin to dis-embark. We were very surprised when we were able to board at 11AM on the 12/19 sailing of the Caribbean Princess with the cabins being ready. One other thing, we sailed twice on Caribbean Princess in December and both times we were asked by our Cabin Steward if we wanted morning or evening service as I guess once a day is the new norm, both times we said morning but on both cruises our cabin was serviced in the morning and the evening.

As you did, I would definitely report it. The few minutes it took him to clear everything off would be saved after you left the cabin and the bathroom was ready for cleaning. For me, that would also be the end of the tip I usually give the steward the last night.