Don't get non-official stamps on your passport!

16 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

That's odd, assuming you have travelled much at all in the meantime.

My currently valid passport has official stamps (and i never request one, so these are all just the standard) from: UK, Spain, France, Russia, Portugal, Ireland, India, USA, Mexico, China, Turkey and a couple I cannot identify...so that is pretty much everywhere I have flown into, and a few places I arrived in via ship or car too.  Many of them very typical/commonly visited nations. nothing very exotic at all.

Same here, except no US stamps due to Global Entry. 😄  

But before GE, my passport got stamped for every US entry also.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

They used to add pages to your passport for no cost.  Now you have to get a new one,  but you can get a passport with additional pages.

Some of the international agreements changed.  So it is no longer allowed to modify a passport in any way, even extra pages.

My first passport was used for one trip, it Germany in the late 70s.  Only stamp was coming back to the US.  Later, I have been able to fill up an expanded passport and get additional pages, and almost fill them up.  In 5 years. 😄

Edited by SRF

I have been a National Parks visitor and collector for many years. Just a tip, if you are going to begin collecting the stamps, decide which kind of passport you want. There’s the small one and the big one which is the size of a regular book. When I began collecting, I only saw the small one so I have 5 or 6 of these. Then in 2018, I was on a trip in which I visited 5 parks and I forgot my passport. They had the anniversary one  at the VC and I bought the big one which it has all of them in one book. You don’t have to carry more than one if you got a section filled. It has extra blank pages in case that the government creates a new national park.

• Like 1