Due to Board Virtuosa in Dubai on the 5th February!

nikkiw60

I'm on the week following you. If you get a chance while aboard, could you post what happens in Dubai, particularly about the free test you get at Dubai airport. 

When are you planning to get your pre departure test done in order to get into Dubai ?

Hope it goes ahead for you.  At least there is no pre departure test for arrival back into the UK now.

I am planning on doing my usual live from. I will start from when we get plane from Manchester.

At the moment I am still working out where to get my pre flight PCR test, not sure want to risk the 3 hour one at Manchester.

Excellent , I will be an avid reader!

Note that UAE currently require UK residents to have PCR test taken no more than 48 hours before departure.

Also looks like for Qatar you'll need to be on a ship excursion to get off.

Took this cruise at Christmas, and had a great time.   We found testing requirements not so difficult, but we have been traveling a lot throughout the last 18 months so are used to it   Below is the options we had at Christmas:

Testing for entry to Dubai:

- you need to follow Dubai requirements to get into the country, which for me was just presenting a vaccine certificate.  For people coming from UK I think you need a PCR test.  It changes frequently.

Testing to get onboard:

- You must have a test performed in UAE within the last 72 hours to board. It seems like UAE only really does PCR tests, not the rapid tests that are common elsewhere, but the results have always been available for me within 12 to 18 hours.  Options to get tested are:

(1) If you are arriving the day before the cruise or the same day, you can get a test done for free at the airport.   We landed at Terminal 1, and the test centre is after you get off the train from the gates but before immigration.

(2) If you are spending a few days in Dubai before the cruise you can get a test from many places in Dubai.   We paid AED150 (USD42) for a nurse to come to our hotel at 09:30 and had the results at 17:00 the same day.  This was organised by the hotel concerge.  Cheaper options are available if you accept the inconvenience of going to a test centre.

(3) Or you can pay AED150 (USD42) and get a test at the port when you board.   As it takes up to 24 hours to get the results you will be allowed to board without the results.

I found MSC customer services were very helpful in explaining the above options.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 3:57 PM, adam7392 said:

Excellent , I will be an avid reader!

Note that UAE currently require UK residents to have PCR test taken no more than 48 hours before departure.

Also looks like for Qatar you'll need to be on a ship excursion to get off.

We have a tour booked for Quatar but someone on FB forum said they have had email from MSC saying this particular tour with the Dhow has now been cancelled for her trip, the week before ours for operational reasons. I have checked the app and it is now also missing for our week.

also I am still trying to work out best place for the PCR as not sure about risking the 3 hour one at Manchester airport.

30 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

We have a tour booked for Quatar but someone on FB forum said they have had email from MSC saying this particular tour with the Dhow has now been cancelled for her trip, the week before ours for operational reasons. I have checked the app and it is now also missing for our week.

also I am still trying to work out best place for the PCR as not sure about risking the 3 hour one at Manchester airport.

Same as you. Also coming from UK but now on 19 March. You can get the PCR in lots of l al 9laces to where you live. It is quite expensive.  Just book an appointment at one of these private clinics. Wouldn’t wait until the airport 

12 minutes ago, Outofofficeon said:

Same as you. Also coming from UK but now on 19 March. You can get the PCR in lots of l al 9laces to where you live. It is quite expensive.  Just book an appointment at one of these private clinics. Wouldn’t wait until the airport 

That is what I am saying, it is finding one in my area to fit the time scale and an appointment around work.

I'm flying from Heathrow on Fri 12th Feb so plan to get a test on Thurs 11th, probably have to drive to a test centre at  Heathrow.  I'm hoping with our covid cases dropping in the UK that UAE will drop us back into the 72 hour before departure category just to give the option of testing on the Wednesday before departure.