What would be best option

We are set to sail Jan 23. Me, husband and 11 yr old. Both my husband and myself had Covid last month. 11 yr old did not and is very concerned about cruising and Covid. She has the option to stay with her adult siblings. If she doesn’t go with us, should be cancel or just have her a no show?

Edited by hometoosoon
Add info

Is there a possibility that she will go on another cruise with you in the future?  If so, cancel her and take the FCC.  You will still get the port taxes back either way, but will loose whatever you paid for her fare otherwise. 

1 hour ago, arlodog said:

Is there a possibility that she will go on another cruise with you in the future?  If so, cancel her and take the FCC.  You will still get the port taxes back either way, but will loose whatever you paid for her fare otherwise. 

That’s great advice 

Cancelling a third guest will most likely result in being forced to move to a double occupancy cabin at whatever the current rate is.  You may end up paying more to cancel her than to just have her be a no show.  Check your pricing compared to what it us if you were to book for two people today.

There are no FCC's for the third guest involved.  Third and fourth guests can be cancelled before the final penalty phase (in this case by final payment date) without any penalties.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Cancelling a third guest will most likely result in being forced to move to a double occupancy cabin at whatever the current rate is.  You may end up paying more to cancel her than to just have her be a no show.  Check your pricing compared to what it us if you were to book for two people today.

There are no FCC's for the third guest involved.  Third and guests can be cancelled before the final penalty phase (in thus case by final payment date) without any penalties.

Pricing is significantly higher than what we paid (used FCC) If she is a no show, do we eat the cost (still cheaper than rebooking)?

2 hours ago, hometoosoon said:

Yes! We have a trip planned in April that was going to be without her, but we’d take her then. Thanks for the info, I didn’t think that would be an option.

Sorry I forgot to quote you when I replied.  Not sure how your notifications are set but wanted you to see my reply above as the previous information you received was not completely accurate.

1 minute ago, hometoosoon said:

Pricing is significantly higher than what we paid (used FCC) If she is a no show, do we eat the cost (still cheaper than rebooking)?

Yes you just eat the cost.  If she's a no show then at least your taxes and fees will be refunded and you will still have an overall cheaper rate than if you had to rebook

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes you just eat the cost.  If she's a no show then at least your taxes and fees will be refunded and you will still have an overall cheaper rate than if you had to rebook

Plus, if you leave her on the booking she can change her mind and sail…it keeps your options open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuckeyeMan said:

Are concerned with testing positive?  We had covid Dec. 1st and are concerning that we could still test positive for our mid Feb cruise.  

She is. She is on the spectrum (super high functioning) and can be quite anxious. We had Covid, but shockingly, she didn’t get it. The possibility of being quarantined on the ship is her worry (not that she’d be alone of course!!) Since we do have the luxury of back up for her (and she’s ok with) I wanted to get our ducks in a row and determine what would be the least costly option, should she decide she doesn’t want to go. 

11 hours ago, hometoosoon said:

She is. She is on the spectrum (super high functioning) and can be quite anxious. We had Covid, but shockingly, she didn’t get it. The possibility of being quarantined on the ship is her worry (not that she’d be alone of course!!) Since we do have the luxury of back up for her (and she’s ok with) I wanted to get our ducks in a row and determine what would be the least costly option, should she decide she doesn’t want to go. 

I believe the question was pertaining to you & your husband. Once you've had covid, there is the possibility that you can test positive for up to 3 months. Unfortunately, that would mean no cruise for anyone in January. Hope it all works out for you!

13 hours ago, BuckeyeMan said:

Are concerned with testing positive?  We had covid Dec. 1st and are concerning that we could still test positive for our mid Feb cruise.  

You won't test positive from a month-old infection if you do an antigen test. With PCR, it can be up to 3 months for some before it shows negative. 

40 minutes ago, ash2bear said:

I believe the question was pertaining to you & your husband. Once you've had covid, there is the possibility that you can test positive for up to 3 months. Unfortunately, that would mean no cruise for anyone in January. Hope it all works out for you!

We’re not concerned with testing positive. We have had a negative antigen since being sick.

9 hours ago, PiperHolliday said:

You won't test positive from a month-old infection if you do an antigen test. With PCR, it can be up to 3 months for some before it shows negative. 

Got ya.  Heard we could test positive for up to 3 months after our Dec.1 positive and was concerned for feb cruise.

49 minutes ago, BuckeyeMan said:

Got ya.  Heard we could test positive for up to 3 months after our Dec.1 positive and was concerned for feb cruise.

That would be with a PCR test. They will pick up dead virus as well as active and show positive for several months.