Transatlantic 14 nights - what will be different?

wirralcruisers

Hi All,

We are lucky enough to be booked on Valiant Lady for the transatlantic, Barcelona to Miami repositioning "voyage" for October 2022.

I personally have not undertaken such an adventure before and I don't think any passenger trips have happened yet with VV?

Having been reading through the various reports of limited duplication of restaurant bookings, it is going to be interesting how many repeat bookings are allowed during this extended period, especially with eight straight sea days.

I have always enjoyed sea days as in my limited cruising experience, more of the restaurants etc open up for wider lunchtime offerings than when tied up in Port (obviously as they need an increased capacity of seats for a captive audience).

Has anybody had any insight into these types of differences for the transatlantic crossings being planned?

Thanks

Welcome to the first year transatlantic passenger roster! We are booked on the Resilient Lady in Nov and looking forward to it after our initial short cruise on the Scarlet Lady. We have done one other TA so we have something to compare with, but no other insights.

• Thanks 1

Following as well - We are in the resilient as is @ociana - for 11nights.  we were booked in the Valiant for the 14 nights but thought might be too long on Virgin - -Also the Resilient is definitely a more Southern crossing - so should be quite warm the majority part of the cruise.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, wirralcruisers said:

I wonder if a note to Sailor Services would provide a further information, they may not have worked it all out yet?? 🙂

I suspect they don't have it worked out yet and we won't know much until much closer to sailing.  There are a few 11 and 12 night sailings in April/May that should give us some information as we hear back from passengers.  I plan to follow their roll call threads to watch the notes about their plans, so you may want to do the same.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2022 at 9:23 PM, marcoigna said:

we were booked in the Valiant for the 14 nights but thought might be too long on Virgin

I love this comment, how long can we endure the Virgin style! I must admit the thought did cross our minds. Please do keep us informed as your voyage progresses.

• 3 months later...

We are booked on the 14 night crossing.  I've done at least 4 other TAs; they are my absolute favorite.  I wasn't able to get any information on what VV has planned for us, but I'm certain that multiple reservations in the various restaurants will be allowed.  Typically cruise lines bring special entertainment on board and have all sorts of unique events...not all of which work out as they'd hoped.  I remember one where they had a "slumber party" by the pool and had placed banners as decorations.  THe ship was moving rapidly, and that created air flow which had the crew chasing the banners to prevent them from going overboard (which incurs a fine!).

I have no idea what they have in store for us, but it should be great!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I expect that they have not worked out all the details yet and any details they have worked out might be changed after the 11 night April and May cruises.  I believe these will be their first cruises lasting more than a week, so I anticipate some learning curve!