Symphony Feb 5, I don't think it's happening

As of now, Symphony is supposed to resume operations 1/29, and I'm supposed to board on 2/5. I suspect that's not going to happen.

Our itinerary STILL has us going to San Juan and Labadee.  I was on Odyssey over New Years, and they replaced Labadee I believe a good two months prior to sailing. The only reason I can come up with that they haven't announced a replacement is that it's not worth even setting up excursion info when they know they're likely to just cancel the whole thing.

What do you think? Am I on to something?

1 minute ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

As of now, Symphony is supposed to resume operations 1/29, and I'm supposed to board on 2/5. I suspect that's not going to happen.

Our itinerary STILL has us going to San Juan and Labadee.  I was on Odyssey over New Years, and they replaced Labadee I believe a good two months prior to sailing. The only reason I can come up with that they haven't announced a replacement is that it's not worth even setting up excursion info when they know they're likely to just cancel the whole thing.

What do you think? Am I on to something?

lately I've been getting itinerary change notifications a week and sometime 2 days before sailing for clients.  Don't read anything into it.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

lately I've been getting itinerary change notifications a week and sometime 2 days before sailing for clients.  Don't read anything into it.

I get that, and with the fluidity in San Juan, I could see that.  But it's clearly established that no one is going to Labadee.  We'll see.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Exactly.  Why bother going through the trouble to change Labadee now to a different port only to have to change that one a week out.

Why bother going through the trouble to change anything if the cruise is likely to be canceled?

Labadee is usually changed to a sea day.

2 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

I get that, and with the fluidity in San Juan, I could see that.  But it's clearly established that no one is going to Labadee.  We'll see.....

Even if they know for sure they aren't going to Labadee, what options they have to replace it with are incredibly fluid, as well as what other ships will also be needing to use open options.

• Like 1

Here is what I posted over on the roll call for our sailing:

Just received our E-docs and its still showing Labadee and SJ as stops.  However because I have an April cruise I can go into where you look up the balance due and put in this sailing (Can't due that for this sailing because I have no balance due).  When I do that the itenary is showing:

EASTERN CARIBBEAN & PERFECT DAY

LEAVING FROM:

Miami, Florida

ON BOARD:

Symphony of the Seas
Feb 5, 2022Feb 12, 2022
DAY PORT DOCK
1 MiamiFlorida EMBARK6 PM
2 Cruising CRUISING
3 Cruising CRUISING
4 PhilipsburgSt. Maarten DOCKED8 AM - 6 PM
5 Charlotte AmalieSt. Thomas DOCKED7 AM - 4 PM
6 Cruising CRUISING
7 Perfect Day at CocoCayBahamas DOCKED10 AM - 5 PM
8 MiamiFlorida DEBARK6 AM

2 hours ago, Pratique said:

Why bother going through the trouble to change anything if the cruise is likely to be canceled?

Labadee is usually changed to a sea day.

Mine were not Sea Days. But to original Topic, too early change to Port when may have change again with current Situation. Can see why Royal waiting and has last couple months

Edited by ONECRUISER

54 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Mine were not Sea Days. But to original Topic, too early change to Port when may have change again with current Situation. Can see why Royal waiting and has last couple months

I think this evidence is just as strong for potential cancelation.

I would give it a 50-50 chance.

Spirit Airlines is still flying to Cap-Haitien. But even recent news reports say Haiti is still under the control of armed gangs. So pretty safe bet that Labadee isn't happening anytime soon. Too much risk, too much liability.

20 hours ago, Tolkmit said:

Even if they know for sure they aren't going to Labadee, what options they have to replace it with are incredibly fluid, as well as what other ships will also be needing to use open options.

That's a good point. And in fairness, there is a lot more fluidity now than there was two months ago. I was comparing the fact that my December Odyssey itinerary was changed more than eight weeks before sailing, but a lot more predictability then.