Cruise on hold... always kiss of death?

Heather1972

Noticed my paid in full  2/5/2022 NCL Escape cruise as of yesterday says “cruise on hold, time is running out... make payment”. So is this always the kiss of death and the cruise is going to be canceled? Others on this cruise have called NCL and NCL says nothing is wrong. My gut is telling me otherwise. Thoughts?

Edited by Heather1972

Just now, halos said:

Did you put a hold on the cabin or a deposit?? I'm not sure I understand your question.

They are fully paid and now that message is showing.

As stated by the OP this usually means it is in the process of being cancelled. I don’t think I can offer them any reassurance.

• Like 1

when we lost our two cruises previously that was the exact message we received. we called were told "everything is fine on this end, and we are still SCHEDULED to go.

Then we would get a follow up saying that it was not going. 

Edited by raschueller
sent wrong message

Just now, raschueller said:

Yeah. That is it. That is how they lock out the cruise before the announcement.

Hmm NCL still has this cruise up for sale, but I wouldn’t put it past them to keep it up to continue to get cash. What’s the typical time frame to get notification that it’s canceled? I’m ready to make other plans if it is going to be canceled. 

2 minutes ago, raschueller said:

I know. I was thinking about something else when I posted that and just edited it. We had two cruises that were cancelled. Our first cruise was the deadline to pay message. One on the getaway and one on the pearl.

How long after the “cruise on hold” did you get actual cancellation notification?

17 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

Noticed my paid in full  2/5/2022 NCL Escape cruise as of yesterday says “cruise on hold, time is running out... make payment”. So is this always the kiss of death and the cruise is going to be canceled? Others on this cruise have called NCL and NCL says nothing is wrong. My gut is telling me otherwise. Thoughts?

Where exactly does it say this?  We're on the 2/12 sailing and just want to know what I should look out for.

1 minute ago, ElizaSTN said:

Where exactly does it say this?  We're on the 2/12 sailing and just want to know what I should look out for.

Sign in to your NCL account. Click view reservation and if it says.. something like “cruise on hold” it’s probably not good.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

They are fully paid and now that message is showing.

As stated by the OP this usually means it is in the process of being cancelled. I don’t think I can offer them any reassurance.

Thanks for the clarification....I should stop speed reading

1 hour ago, Heather1972 said:

Interesting. I see they are no longer selling the 2/5 cruise, but they are selling the week before and the week after. Maybe they are planning on taking a pause that week.  It would be nice if they would tell you so you can make other plans.

2 minutes ago, susanf31 said:

Interesting. I see they are no longer selling the 2/5 cruise, but they are selling the week before and the week after. Maybe they are planning on taking a pause that week.  It would be nice if they would tell you so you can make other plans.

uh oh ... well at least things are happening behind the scenes. I plan on actually putting another cruise on hold (I think!) 

1 minute ago, Heather1972 said:

uh oh ... well at least things are happening behind the scenes. I plan on actually putting another cruise on hold (I think!) 

Other option is cruise has hit their max capacity for the sailing, but I seriously doubt that.  

40 minutes ago, susanf31 said:

I don’t see 2/5 cruise on my computer, but I see it on my iPad. That makes no sense to me.