Coral Disembarkation time private Panama tour

reddi

We have arranged a private tour off the Princess Coral in Panama with Mario on March 28. The itinerary shows the ship arriving at 7am. Can anyone who has been there and done this give me an idea on what time we will actually disembark at Gatun Yacht Club. Also, does everyone basically tender at the same time? The ship's tours show all times as tba so I am trying to determine what time we will actually be disembarking in order to coordinate with Mario. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Gator,

Do you have any recommendations for which excursions to take at Panama Canal through the Princess Excursions? I want to take the best one, but I'm not sure which one is the best. Many posts on the board talk abt a motorcoach, but I cannot find anything like that on the Princess site. I don't mind spending the money to see this fabulous wonder, but I do want it to be a good excursion.

Thanks.

Spicy:

Most folks seem to LOVE the Canal by Ferry (formerly: "Ocean to Ocean") tour that Princess offers. My wife and I took it 3 years ago this very week, and it's still the best excursion we've taken this side of the Atlantic.

spicy1,

I have been to Panama three times, but not on Princess although I think many of the tours are all the same between the various cruise lines. Two that I have been on, and can recommend either, is the Ocean to Ocean Train Tour and the what is called (by Celebrity anyway) the "Grand Tour of Panama." The "Grand Tour" is not as grand as it sounds since it only visits the Gatun Locks and an Indian Village. Interesting tour, but the "grand" name implies that you will see a lot more of Panama than what you really do. Between these two tours, the Train Tour is the best.

reddi,

Princess says "tba" for departure times since it all depends when the ship is allowed through the Gatun Locks. I would expect that it will be no sooner than 8-9AM before the ship anchors in Gatun Lake. I agree with Gator83 that you should confirm that Princess will allow you to disembark without a tour booked though them. The Gatun Yacht Club, as you describe, is just a pier with a parking lot in the middle of the jungle so they cannot let people off the ship without a prebooked tour.

Archived