Click Here to Access Your Cruise Documents - Never works!

DaveinCharlotte

This problem started earlier last year, when ACL stopped letting us update our cruise documents via the Login/My Account/View Documents interface.  The problem has consistently repeated for out last four cruises:

A few months before the cruise start date, ACL sends us a e-mail asking us to access and update our cruise documents.  This e-mail has a big box in the middle saying "Click Here to Access Your Cruise Documents."  When we click the link, it never works.  Tried it in Windows Live Mail on Win 7 and Win 8.1 as well as Win 10 Mail app, but no luck.

So each time we call in, explain the problem, and the rep sends us a new e-mail.  Sometimes the new one works and sometimes it doesn't, requiring yet another call or even two.  Eventually we get one that works.

The e-mail that doesn't work is from GuestExperience@americancruiselines.com, features a large white panel on a faint light blue background, and the link triggered by the "Click Here..." box starts out "http://link.americancruiselinescom/Is/click?upn=2t....  (Note the odd lack of a period before "com." I attempted to paste this into a browser with the period added, but no luck.)

The e-mail that does work is from CustomerService@americancruiselines.com, doesn't have the large white panel, and the link triggered by the "Click Here..." box starts out "https://traveldocuments.americancruiselines.com/TravelerDocuments.php?hash=QYB....

So my question:  Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, figured out a work-around? 

Hmmm.  Above I opened with "This problem started earlier last year, when ACL stopped letting us update our cruise documents via the Login/My Account/View Documents interface."

So yes, your method once did work for us, but since early last year most of the selections under View Documents remain ghosted.  Only via the e-mail link can I get these to work.

An example:  One of the boxes under #4 Required Guest Information is Health Information Form.  When I click that, I see text saying "we need to know if you have been vaccinated" and a Submit button -- nothing else - no Yes/No or anything like that. Clicking Submit button has no effect.

But when I use the e-mail link, it works correctly:  In addition to the text, there are Yes/No radio buttons for each of us, and clicking Submit works.  Are you saying you can submit your Health Info Form (for example) via online account?

If the forms can be submitted via online account, I wonder why ACL would even bother to send out these e-mails.  Are you saying ACL doesn't send these e-mails to you?  

@DaveinCharlotte I hadn't noticed that vaccine question before since I had already filled out the other forms, so thank you for mentioning it. On my cruise last year that question was sent in an email. However, I was able to open that document online and both my and my partner's names were listed with a yes or no box. I checked yes for both of us and got a popup stating that it was submitted. I think ACL provides it both ways since some people are not computer savvy and may have problems with the online version.

We have been unable to access our account online. It simply won’t accept our information, though it did before. Even fifteen minutes with customer service on the phone accomplished nothing. We’ve paid 17k for a cruise we can’t even access the paperwork for online. Frustrating. 

• 2 weeks later...

We were out of town when we received the email asking us to fill out documents online, so it was several days before we were able to try.  I didn't have any difficulty clickin the link in the email and logging in (to the account I created when paying off the balance) and was able to complete our forms easily.

• 1 month later...

Today was somewhat frustrating - we received email from ACL asking us to complete our vaccination status form online, and when I logged in I found that not only the vaccination status information but all of the arrival/departure information that I had completed in January was blank.  I filled in the vaccination information, then the arrival/departure information, and when I went back to the vaccination information form it was blank again, and so was the arrival/departure form.  So I filled them both in a second time and decided not to check on them again for 48 hours or more.

I have experienced the same thing...completed forms, came back later, info gone.  Called support line, told "don't worry, the info is still there even though you can't see it."

And in recent months, have not even been able to access info from my account login, only from the e-mail that ACL sends, and usually that doesn't even work either, until I've called in two or three times, ACL sending me a new e-mail each time.

Here's a view of what I see from my account login, after I've clicked the blue View Documents button:

ACLscreencapLogin.thumb.jpg.d7b178bf4167f23e74ad364dbee9b0fd.jpg

If I were to attempt to complete my forms from here, I would get this error message:

ACLscreencapError.thumb.jpg.80b425348342bc4aab122f14712c3eef.jpg

So the only way I was able to get the desired green "Your Cruise Documents are Complete" message in my account was to use the ACL-provided e-mail link, enter my Booking Number, and complete the forms from there.

• Like 1