Barbados Entry Requirements

BuzzCruisers

50 minutes ago, BuzzCruisers said:

Can anyone confirm the Barbados entry requirements for the day at the end of a Caribbean cruise please?

Extract from P&O website below. Is it Antigen, PCR or both?

image.png.d7699e735bbabc0e715d83f16e648f74.png

When I returned to Barbados on Azura last Friday, 7th January, following four weeks onboard, I was surprised to find that neither test was required either to go ashore in Barbados or return to UK.  However, two weeks before that a test had been required.

Flying out to Britannia on the 11th feb, looking for company that does 'observed' PCR fit to fly

Can anyone who's already travelled let me know where I can find a company that provides this please

Turns out the PO recommended only does self administered!

On 1/16/2022 at 11:42 AM, Sasha500 said:

Flying out to Britannia on the 11th feb, looking for company that does 'observed' PCR fit to fly

Can anyone who's already travelled let me know where I can find a company that provides this please

Turns out the PO recommended only does self administered!

As far as I am aware, 'observed' PCR fit to fly tests are still not accepted by Barbados.  I flew out to Barbados from Gatwick last December, after parking at the off-airport parking APH carpark.  This is where P&O have their pre-flight LFT carried out by Collinson.  This company also performs (not merely observes) the in-person PCR test, where they themselves take the swab test for you, which is required for entry into Barbados and therefore where I had mine.  Result was received the next day and I was extremely happy with the service received from them.

6 hours ago, whycantilogin said:

As far as I am aware, 'observed' PCR fit to fly tests are still not accepted by Barbados.  I flew out to Barbados from Gatwick last December, after parking at the off-airport parking APH carpark.  This is where P&O have their pre-flight LFT carried out by Collinson.  This company also performs (not merely observes) the in-person PCR test, where they themselves take the swab test for you, which is required for entry into Barbados and therefore where I had mine.  Result was received the next day and I was extremely happy with the service received from them.

If you don't mind, can I just ask:

What date were you flying?

What date did you have your test?

Did you have to prove your negative PCR test to board?

We're flying from Manchester on 4th March, so we are hoping to travel by train from Worcester on 3rd, (our airport was changed from Birmingham), and stay overnight at an airport hotel.  We're not sure whether to test early on 3rd before we get the train, or when we get to terminal 2 - any advice?

Hoping it might be scrapped by then ......

Jules 

38 minutes ago, Cruiserjules said:

If you don't mind, can I just ask:

What date were you flying?

What date did you have your test?

Did you have to prove your negative PCR test to board?

We're flying from Manchester on 4th March, so we are hoping to travel by train from Worcester on 3rd, (our airport was changed from Birmingham), and stay overnight at an airport hotel.  We're not sure whether to test early on 3rd before we get the train, or when we get to terminal 2 - any advice?

Hoping it might be scrapped by then ......

Jules 

My flight was at 12:05 on Saturday, 11th December, 21.

I took my PCR test at 12:15 on Wednesday, 8th December.  I consulted the official visitbarbados.org website, with whom I also web chatted.  Their requirement is 3 calendar days before arrival.  To confirm dates, go to  https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2022 and scroll down the page a very loooooong way until you reach the words "Use our handy calculator below to work out by which date you’ll need to take your first Nasopharyngeal or Oropharyngeal COVID-PCR test by." 

FYO, P&O at the time quoted 72 hours before departure.

When checking my luggage for the flight, I was required to show evidence of my negative PCR test along with the P&O lateral flow test, taken a short time earlier that morning (just a sticker attached to the back of my passport).

My suggestion would be to take your PCR test as soon as allowed just in case of provider delays and for peace of mind too.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise as I did.

• 2 weeks later...