Noordam Startup - Any Insight?

Diane Rose

Very new to this board….I’m generally a Celebrity cruiser, but have sailed HAL a few times.  We are sailing a West Coast cruise on Celebrity to Vancouver, then boarding the Noordam for a cruise to Alaska.  Trying to plan for flights, so I’m wondering what your thoughts are for the Noordam actually sailing the Panama Canal cruise in April to Vancouver.  We are on her first Alaska sailing.

Thank you for your help.

Diane

Looking on the HAL website it appears the Noordam will start cruises with a 21 day Panama cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver on April 24, 2022 landing in Vancouver on May 15th.  It will start its first Alaska cruise for 7 days on May 15th then back to Vancouver.  Currently the Nordam is off the east coast of Florida in anchorage near FLL.  Since it looks like it is not doing any cruises until it repositions to Alaska in April I think there is a good chance it will get to Vancouver on time for the Alaska season....but no one thought this Covid pandemic would go this long either, so no guarantees here.  

We are doing a Panama cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam in April also going to Vancouver and we are confident it will cuise on time. 

Edited by rajkr74
  • Like 1