Carnival Brides

babylvrrn

I am getting married in Galveston aboard the Carnival Ectasy on September 28, 2006. So far, we have approximately 50 guest sailing, 20 non-sailing. We booked the Welcome Aboard, but are now considering upgrading to the Deluxe Romance Package. I have read many many posts so far about Carnival, but not much at all about the Ectasy/Elation fun ships.......is that a bad sign? We are first time cruisers and plan to take a long honeymoon immediately after our return, so we thought a short (4-day) cruise would be perfect to share this special time with our family/friends. If anyone can offer information about this ship or any similar, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I have 5 bridemaids and 5 groomsmen. Is this something that Carnival will be able to accommodate? I think the most I have seen thus far is 4. Lastly, is the extra money involved in upgrading to the Deluxe Romance package worth it? It is only 30 minutes after all. I am pretty nervous and excited. Any and all information and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I wouldn't worry about the ship. I booked the Inspiration (5 days) and have not seen anyone post about that ship. I think most brides are booking the newer ships (which are usually 7 days). The miracle is the newer ship in my port (Tampa) but I decided not to do 7 days, and it leaves on a Sunday rather than Saturday. I did the deluxe for the extra half hour and the ice sculpture...Just had to have it :) I personally think the extra half hour will make a difference. We will have 50 people (no one else is sailing though) and I think the extra time will be necessary to see everyone.

Stef

Me & my Fiance just sailed on the Elation in December. We were originally booked on the Ectasy - but it was not in service since FEMA had it to accomadate Katrina Survivors. We were very very pleased with the Elation and we got a standard interior cabin which we were very happy with and I was happy with the size of the room, i was expecting it to be smaller but it was just right! I was so happy with the cruise that I decided to get married on Carnival Cruise lines as well. We are getting married 2/11/07 on the Conquest. The only reason we chose a larger ship is because we want to go to see different ports, if we chose elation again we would go to the same places. and we personally wanted a lil longer cruise since its our wedding & honeymoon. The rooms in the elation are all very classy & nothing is cheesy - so any room you get married in will be beautiful. now on the upgrade- keep in mind that yes its a little bit more money but your crew gets a longer open bar & you get the sculpture- and most importantly - you will have to take some pictures during your reception which will pull you away from your guest- so longer time would allow you to spend more time with your guest- b/c i hear that the reception flys by & before you know it - its over.

keep up posted with pictures and comments when you get married & good luck to you!

Thanks for the information. I am so relieved to know that this is a nice ship!! Also, I think I my mind is made up about the upgrade, as I thought we would have the ice sculpture with the welcome aboard.....and I gotta have it too:D How about wedding parties? Are you all having small or large ones? I am also hosting a pre-cruise themed engagement party next month. It will just be family and the wedding party at my house--approximately 20-25 people. If you have any ideas for decorating, menu, favors, etc.. keep the posts coming!!!

Archived