Explorer can you get wi fi? If so how much?

Hello all. We are on our first Marella cruise  at the end of February having done lots of cruises with other companies. What is the position with getting wi fi on Explorer? We have just got back from 4 weeks on P&O Azura and the wi fi on her is beyond awful so you have to rely on getting some at a bar on an island. Any idea of what the cost is for this on the ship?

thanks

It is possible to buy Wi-Fi but I don’t know how much it costs I’m afraid. You can order it on the internal service ‘Navigate’. 
we’ve just used 4G in each port, just remembering to turn off Roaming as we depart each day. It was only our Sea Day yesterday that left us without for about 36 hours. 
Tonight we’re docking already for tomorrow, so other than 4 hours this evening we’ll have had 4G use for about 35 hours. 

In the Navigate App if you go into the WiFi it gives you the prices before you commit to buy.

From memory - back in October when i last checked (I did not check on the NY cruise), Wifi was around £12 a day i think - but the usage is capped (to prevent people streaming netflix etc)

You are able to buy packages by the hour, day or remainder of the cruise.

Thanks again. Sounds like the system that P&O used to do a few years back until they realised they could make more money by charging outrageous prices for a system that doesn’t work. I take the view that if I can do emails at 45000 feet on Emirates flying to Dubai why is it apparently so difficult for cruise ships.

I did initially look at the local caribbean sims but they are considerably more expensive. Found the other link from a Tripadvisor forum post.

Your link is just 1GB for $22 as opposed to 25GB for £35 (or 100GB for £40) 

Edited by ferretktf

We paid £25 for 3 days or a certain number of gb which I can’t remember (but it’s whatever runs out first). It didn’t last the 3 days but it was mainly for my day at sea when I wanted to be in contact with son, daughter and dad. Connection was pretty good - even for FaceTime calls. Not sure it’s any good for downloading though.

• Like 1

Don’t worry, Bluewater, we have recently returned from the 28 nighter on Azura around the Caribbean and there wasn’t one island that refused people to land. Some said that you had to take a ship’s trip and some confined you to the cruise terminal but others were fine about walking round on your own.

have a great time.