Pretty darn good customer service on my cancellation

Virginia100

Got my 100% Celebrity Air refund to my CC in 8 days and just got my FCC today, 20 days after my cancellation. At the same time the taxes & port fees were credited to my CC. Will use my FCC on my 8/8/22 Rome cruise. FCC noted must be used by April 30 (my FP is 5/10 anyway). Only odd thing it stated the FCC must be used for a sailing by 12/30/22, no mention or the later of one year of original sail date (2/21/22) which would early part of 2023. Specifically mentions only good on Celebrity (my only choice all the time). Other than a little sad to be missing my February Caribbean cruise I definitely satisfied with very, very prompt processing!!

• Thanks 2

Thanks to this post and another CC post, I now two issues to verify with our on-line TA tomorrow regarding our cancelling January 9, 2022 Equinox and booking January 8, 2023 Beyond.

1. Based on Celebrity site: FCC toward any sailing one year from your original sailing date, whichever is later.

Cancel up to 48 Hours Before you Sail

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use by May 31, 2022 toward any sailing through December 31, 2022, or one year from your original sailing date, whichever is later

2. Celebrity policy FCC not applicable for Beyond although TA's are able to book!!! 

54 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

positive news is soooo much more fun to read than gripes😃

And I have a feeling we will Not have post after post being added agreeing with the OP, posting how nice Celebrity handled their situation. When someone complains, boy do we get the: “you think that was bad, let me tell you what they did to me!!”

Oh well. I’ve been lucky when I booked directly, but now I use a TA and I don’t have to worry about most of the painful interfacing. And of course, this last 2 years has been very messy. 

Den

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Thanks to this post and another CC post, I now two issues to verify with our on-line TA tomorrow regarding our cancelling January 9, 2022 Equinox and booking January 8, 2023 Beyond.

1. Based on Celebrity site: FCC toward any sailing one year from your original sailing date, whichever is later.

Cancel up to 48 Hours Before you Sail

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use by May 31, 2022 toward any sailing through December 31, 2022, or one year from your original sailing date, whichever is later

2. Celebrity policy FCC not applicable for Beyond although TA's are able to book!!! 

As of Jan 13, Beyond sailings are not excluded from CWC. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

And I have a feeling we will Not have post after post being added agreeing with the OP, posting how nice Celebrity handled their situation. When someone complains, boy do we get the: “you think that was bad, let me tell you what they did to me!!”

Oh well. I’ve been lucky when I booked directly, but now I use a TA and I don’t have to worry about most of the painful interfacing. And of course, this last 2 years has been very messy. 

Den

Haha... I'll start the positive posts agreeing with the OP.  Booked direct with Celebrity... was a lift and shift from 2021.  Cancelled via phone with Celebrity on 12/17 and received taxes/fees a week later and FCC email on 1/8.  Pretty quick compared with past experience.

• Like 1