Caribbean 2023 Pricing

wowzz

Usually know beforehand where and which cruise we want to go on (with all cruise lines) so generally get a good early booking deal ( never used a saver fare or whatever they are called with other lines), however some of the figures quoted on this thread are quite eye watering. Maybe a sign of things to come?

52 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Usually know beforehand where and which cruise we want to go on (with all cruise lines) so generally get a good early booking deal ( never used a saver fare or whatever they are called with other lines), however some of the figures quoted on this thread are quite eye watering. Maybe a sign of things to come?

Pretty much what we do for cruises that are a bit special and likely to get booked up. however for slotter inners we will just wait for a late deal, which is great when you are retired. At one time you didn't get saver fare on launch bookings with P&O, and I am sure the price difference between the 2 was not as great as they are now plus you got more perks. You get saver fares with Cunard, ironically we have pre registered for a Cunard cruise 2023 and the Cunard fare is £170 more than early saver yet you get £185 OBC with the Cunard fare actually making it slightly cheaper, plus the usual Cunard benefits. I think the past cruiser 5% on Cunard fare causes that.

That's why I went to the Caribbean with Silversea; when you factored in the 100% solo supplement with P and O, plus drinks and speciality dining, and I got a cruise with only 25% solo supplement, the Silversea one was a no brainer. However, I've been spoiled for P and O, probably forever. The food, service, open bars and all suite provision on Silversea are in another league.

5 hours ago, Clodia said:

That's why I went to the Caribbean with Silversea; when you factored in the 100% solo supplement with P and O, plus drinks and speciality dining, and I got a cruise with only 25% solo supplement, the Silversea one was a no brainer. However, I've been spoiled for P and O, probably forever. The food, service, open bars and all suite provision on Silversea are in another league.

You can't just leave it there !

For the sake of comparison,  you need to tell us how much the Silversea fare was. 

It was a 15 night Caribbean cruise. P and O would have been nearly £7500 with a balcony. Silversea was just over £8000 with a suite and butler, including open bars, mini bar set up in my suite, speciality restaurants etc. Absolute no brainer for solos. However that was one of the 25% supplement offers. Their "Silver Privilege" fares are more expensive. I have another booked for next summer to Iceland which was over £9000 with a superior suite, though at the moment I am thinking of deferring it because i cannot wear a mask.

23 minutes ago, Clodia said:

It was a 15 night Caribbean cruise. P and O would have been nearly £7500 with a balcony. Silversea was just over £8000 with a suite and butler, including open bars, mini bar set up in my suite, speciality restaurants etc. Absolute no brainer for solos. However that was one of the 25% supplement offers. Their "Silver Privilege" fares are more expensive. I have another booked for next summer to Iceland which was over £9000 with a superior suite, though at the moment I am thinking of deferring it because i cannot wear a mask.

Thanks for supplying the detail. 

7 hours ago, Clodia said:

P&O are no longer good value for solo travellers. Single cabins are few and far between and tend to be in less than desirable locations. Single supplements on other cabins have risen and I suspect often approach 100%. So much so that I have found that booking a single cabin with Saga and taking advantage of their early booking discount costs little more, especially after you factor in things like personal transfers, free wifi, included drinks and no additional charges for speciality dining or cabin service. Which is why my next two cruises are with them rather than with P&O.

Edited by Denarius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Denarius said:

P&O are no longer good value for solo travellers. Single cabins are few and far between and tend to be in less than desirable locations. Single supplements on other cabins have risen and I suspect often approach 100%. So much so that I have found that booking a single cabin with Saga and taking advantage of their early booking discount costs little more, especially after you factor in things like personal transfers, free wifi, included drinks and no additional charges for speciality dining or cabin service. Which is why my next two cruises are with them rather than with P&O.

Yes I am actively looking at Saga.

2 hours ago, Denarius said:

The prices on the single cabins (single guarantee saver fare) have shot up as well,  I booked a single inside on Britannia for a Baltic cruise (in May 22) on Britannia In November 20 at £1699,  i've just gone to look at prices of a Balcony to potentially upgrade to a balcony & noticed the price of single guarantee if i was to book same fare today for the same cruise it would be £2129 which is just over 20% increase.

14 hours ago, Francisdrake said:

The prices on the single cabins (single guarantee saver fare) have shot up as well,  I booked a single inside on Britannia for a Baltic cruise (in May 22) on Britannia In November 20 at £1699,  i've just gone to look at prices of a Balcony to potentially upgrade to a balcony & noticed the price of single guarantee if i was to book same fare today for the same cruise it would be £2129 which is just over 20% increase.

Normally if you want to upgrade, the price is based on the fares at the time of the original booking, not on current pricing.

• Like 1