Oasis Chartered Cruise During Covid…Do they have to Follow the same Covid Protocols?

BennyBrun

16 minutes ago, zeroed said:

You haven’t seen the pics and vids no doubt. The things that are happening in the public spaces go far beyond a simple social distance policy violation. I can’t even post descriptions here. 

Here’s a minor yet notably ironic thing. At the party by the aqua theater there are men waving very realistic looking full-size M16 assault rifles presumably toys. How the heck did they get through security to board? How is ship security not pouncing on them to make sure it’s a toy?  You can’t bring anything that looks like a surge protector but they can bring machine guns? 
The ship’s cameras are everywhere yet the captain is unaware that there is absolute chaos and sodomy in the aqua theater, pool deck, theaters and hallways that was far beyond what his security could handle? 

I think some here are under the impression that this was just a gay cruise of mostly guys like the friendly and fashionable fun loving man they work with. It isn’t. Please don’t take my word though. Go to twitter and search if you dare. You’ve been warned though. 

The captain is responsible everything onboard and for the horrible optics for RCCL and the entire cruise industry at this delicate time.  He should be held accountable. 

Post the links if you are so concerned....not all of us are versed in what you type into your search engine.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, zeroed said:

You haven’t seen the pics and vids no doubt. The things that are happening in the public spaces go far beyond a simple social distance policy violation. I can’t even post descriptions here. 

Here’s a minor yet notably ironic thing. At the party by the aqua theater there are men waving very realistic looking full-size M16 assault rifles presumably toys. How the heck did they get through security to board? How is ship security not pouncing on them to make sure it’s a toy?  You can’t bring anything that looks like a surge protector but they can bring machine guns? 
The ship’s cameras are everywhere yet the captain is unaware that there is absolute chaos and sodomy in the aqua theater, pool deck, theaters and hallways that was far beyond what his security could handle? 

I think some here are under the impression that this was just a gay cruise of mostly guys like the friendly and fashionable fun loving man they work with. It isn’t. Please don’t take my word though. Go to twitter and search if you dare. You’ve been warned though. 

The captain is responsible everything onboard and for the horrible optics for RCCL and the entire cruise industry at this delicate time.  He should be held accountable. 

Not that I am doubting what you are saying I am not able to find pictures of them waving toy looking guns.  What keywords are you searching?  The security once opened up my luggage to thoroughly examined my non electrical French press so I am wondering how they got that pass security unless it’s an inflatable toy thing.

30 minutes ago, zeroed said:

Well said!

• Like 1

The images already posted in this thread are sufficient evidence that the protocols set forth by both Royal and Atlantis Events are not being followed. It is also evidence that the cruise line has no control over these guests because gatherings like this are not allowed on other cruises. So many people packed on the aqua stage, is it even safe to do that. It's a movable platform probably not designed for this purpose.

At the end of the day Royal has chosen to assume the risk of negative PR associated with this charter in the name of $$$. Just because similar gatherings occur on land doesn't mean that the public will give Royal a pass on this. The cruise industry, rightly or wrongly, always gets special attention. Drawing more scrutiny during an important period in the economic recovery of the industry doesn't seem helpful to me. But I suppose most folks have short memories and will quickly forget about this or brush it off.

I am reading reports here that crews on other ships are being lax about enforcing the protocols. But if anyone is asked by a crew member to mask up, just pull up the photos from this thread and say "the rules are for thee, not for me."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@zeroed Eeew, s@x in public areas 😱 There is no way to sanitize and disinfect the ENTIRE ship from everything that took place before the next sailing.   Their enhanced cleaning protocols for Covid were not designed for these circumstances.  I feel for the crew.

I believe you.  I’m personally not going to look for the videos, because my eyes won’t be able to unsee that!

@orangelime  You’re our investigative reporter.  Comments?

@BennyBrun  Thanks for starting this thread.

• Like 2

Hahaha...the assault weapons appear to be blow up toys, similar to the plastic pool/beach toys that people bring onboard...lol.  There's a picture of one in in the beginning of this post.

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 10.32.10 AM.png

Edited by Darkingnj
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thankfully the cruise is ending and everyone following along here can worry about the things they encounter daily.  Do you ever wonder how often the escalator hand rail is disinfected at the mall, or the elevator buttons, etc… Did someone have sex in the hotel or rental care you were last in?  So many thing to worry about. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Darkingnj said:

Hahaha...the assault weapons appear to be blow up toys, similar to the plastic pool/beach toys that people bring onboard...lol.  There's a picture of one in in the beginning of this post.

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 10.32.10 AM.png

This is why I am not good at finding Waldo lol.  I totally missed that.  It would explain why security did not see it being plastic and no inflated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thankfully the cruise is ending and everyone following along here can worry about the things they encounter daily.  Do you ever wonder how often the escalator hand rail is disinfected at the mall, or the elevator buttons, etc… Did someone have sex in the hotel or rental care you were last in?  So many thing to worry about. 

The point is that the cruise lines are in the precarious position of trying to recover from the pandemic by saying "we will act responsibly," and then, apparently, not living up to their word.

https://safety4sea.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/healthy-sail-panel-full-recommendations.pdf

Edited by Pratique
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, D4 said:

@zeroed Eeew, s@x in public areas 😱 There is no way to sanitize and disinfect the ENTIRE ship from everything that took place before the next sailing.   Their enhanced cleaning protocols for Covid were not designed for these circumstances.  I feel for the crew.

I believe you.  I’m personally not going to look for the videos, because my eyes won’t be able to unsee that!

I was curious about when company charter an entire ship do they have to follow the same rules / protocols like a regular cruise.  What I learned from fellow CC members was an eye opening experience.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pratique said:

The point is that the cruise lines are in the precarious position of trying to recover from the pandemic by saying "we will act responsibly," and then, apparently, not living up to their word.

Unfortunately it’s like all PR statements.  It makes a great sound bite but the reality is different.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, D4 said:

@D4, @zeroed's comments are correct. I can't post those videos here, but I can confirm it is accurate, and they even have a "Dick Deck." There was a lot of backlash from the community regarding the New York Times article, especially the first quote in the article, but it is accurate. However, not everyone attending the cruise participates in these types of activities. 

Last night, Atlantis offered us a full travel credit, and we are allowed to cancel our sailing on the Norwegian Pearl, which is set to depart next Friday. Some persistence and pressure from the press pay off. 

Here are some media from the White party last night in the Solarium. 

white party 1.JPG

White party.JPG

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That’s a valid point except on this cruise future passengers can include wondering what was suctioned cupped to the merry go round horse their kid is riding at the boardwalk, what happened all over the aqua theater seats, what’s that weird stain in the hallway and why does everything smell like sweat and bleach. 

You know, perfectly reasonable things like that.  

Be sure to washy those hands though, we can’t have any COVID germs on my boat.
Signed, the Captain. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zeroed said:

Do they pour bleach in the crew member’s eyes and provide counseling for them? 

I can’t imagine what the mostly Muslim Indonesian crew thinks of this. I wonder if they go home with the thousand yard stare. 

Crew are permitted to “opt out”

of “lifestyle” charters. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zeroed said:

That’s a valid point except on this cruise future passengers can include wondering what was suctioned cupped to the merry go round horse their kid is riding at the boardwalk, what happened all over the aqua theater seats, what’s that weird stain in the hallway and why does everything smell like sweat and bleach. 

Signed, the Captain. 

I hope you have never stayed in a hotel room

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, zeroed said:

Signed, the Captain. 

The exact same thing can be said for any hotel room or cruise ship cabin 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, D4 said:

Well honestly if you think about it the "enhanced cleaning protocols" are cirumspect on any line that is docking at 7:00 AM and departing on a new cruise at 4pm.  That is nowhere near the time needed to deep clean a ship bow to stern.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, orangelime said:

Last night, Atlantis offered us a full travel credit, and we are allowed to cancel our sailing on the Norwegian Pearl, which is set to depart next Friday. Some persistence and pressure from the press pay off

So let me get this straight, you did all this posting to get a full credit for/from your Atlantis booking in a few weeks time on NCL?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

So let me get this straight, you did all this posting to get a full credit for/from your Atlantis booking in a few weeks time on NCL?

ATLANTIS has been refusing refunds and credits 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

The exact same thing can be said for any hotel room or cruise ship cabin 😂

There’s a huge difference between what takes place behind closed doors in someone’s cabin and what took place in the PUBLIC areas of the ship where families eat and children play.   Location, location, location. 

All under the watchful eye of the ship’s cameras, security staff, officers and captain who did     nothing. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Will K. said:

ATLANTIS has been refusing refunds and credits 

Wouldn’t one read these policies prior to booking during Covid or not.

It was the same for my SIL when booked a punk rock charter. 

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

There’s nothing wrong with that.  I appreciate @orangelimefor making me aware of stuff I would have never known about.

If he had just described the packed conditions, I would have envisioned scenes like the New Year’s Eve deck party pictures that were posted. 

The pictures from this sailing showed thousands of people crammed tightly together at lots of different events.  We are in a pandemic.  Throw on the rampant drug use and public sex and it’s beyond appalling.

@orangelime I’m really glad you were able to cancel and get a credit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Will K. said:

Well honestly if you think about it the "enhanced cleaning protocols" are cirumspect on any line that is docking at 7:00 AM and departing on a new cruise at 4pm.  That is nowhere near the time needed to deep clean a ship bow to stern.  

The 1/23 boarding has been delayed by 2 hours. Royal sent out an email in the middle of the week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orangelime said:

@D4, @zeroed's comments are correct. I can't post those videos here, but I can confirm it is accurate, and they even have a "Dick Deck." There was a lot of backlash from the community regarding the New York Times article, especially the first quote in the article, but it is accurate. However, not everyone attending the cruise participates in these types of activities. 

Last night, Atlantis offered us a full travel credit, and we are allowed to cancel our sailing on the Norwegian Pearl, which is set to depart next Friday. Some persistence and pressure from the press pay off. 

Here are some media from the White party last night in the Solarium. 

white party 1.JPG

White party.JPG

Thank you for posting.   I am glad that you were able to cancel and get a credit.  If Royal let regular cruisers CWC then they should pass that exception along to private charters as well since it is part of their policy and refund the charter company for any room that cancelled under CWC.

• Thanks 1