Oasis Chartered Cruise During Covid…Do they have to Follow the same Covid Protocols?

BennyBrun

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

There are pictures posted on twitter, which I have seen and are available for anyone who wants to look, of people shooting heroin in the middle of the aqua theatre.

I think you may need to review what "shooting heroin" means/entails.

I was once given a number of pages of guest comment excerpts by the folks at Walt Disney World which they had received in regard to Gay Day at Disney. It was quite clear many of the people who had written in were doing so because they'd heard from friends/fellow churchers they could get freebies. Others were laughably uninformed. One that stood out is the letter from someone claiming to have witnessed two men perform fellatio while standing in a waiting line, in front of their children. Seriously? You wait till you get home so you can talk to your pastor and be given the OK to write a letter complaining about it happening? Laughable.

I suspect the person saw two men kissing.

Fellatio does not mean what that person apparently thinks it means.

I saw one video that, during a pan, appeared to be someone lifting a utensil from a bottle to their nose, in the middle of a party at the Aqua Theater. It's not clear at all, and it could have been inhaling poppers, too, though I suspect the utensil use is enough to be convincingly dissuaded from believing it's poppers -- unless there's some variant of poppers that's used that way. But it's most certainly still not shooting heroin. Nor is it something I haven't seen on other sailings myself, that weren't part of a charter, at least once, either.

Part of the problem with the postings here about the Atlantis charter is the scrutiny people are giving it. I can assure you that a similar scrutiny given to things occurring on other sailings would come up with some similar behaviors. Perhaps not all at the same time, of course, but it's hardly uncommon that many of these sorts of things go on.

The other part is that some people are apparently unable to differentiate what sorts of things may be allowable in general on full ship private charter vs a public cruise. There are many other full ship charters that occur each year that involve swingers and nudists, for instance, that have equally "objectionable" behaviors you would not expect on a public sailing. Usually the "objectionable public behaviors" on regular sailings occur in the hot tubs or in some more out-of-the-way deck areas at night, rather in the middle of a dance area.

Anyway, so far nothing appears particular worrisome post-cruise. We'll see as people spend the next few days at home how that pans out. Many reports of COVID come from people posting after their sailing, since there'd would usually be a delay for symptoms to appear, or simply for someone to get tested after an incubation period passes. But at the same time, I still have to compare it to the incidence we see in the general public on land right now, too, and have yet to see anything occur on any of the ships that is worse what's occurring in everyone's home neighborhoods.

• Like 3