Panorama cruises missing

tampacruiser

Has anyone else noticed on the Carnival website a bunch of Panorama sailings are no longer there?     Only ones still there are the last 2 weeks of January, then the next one is 4/16 and 4/23, then none again until September and there is just one scheduled for the months of Sep, Oct, Nov, then 2 scheduled for Dec.   Basically 11 cruises between now and the end of the year?

22 minutes ago, tampacruiser said:

Has anyone else noticed on the Carnival website a bunch of Panorama sailings are no longer there?     Only ones still there are the last 2 weeks of January, then the next one is 4/16 and 4/23, then none again until September and there is just one scheduled for the months of Sep, Oct, Nov, then 2 scheduled for Dec.   Basically 11 cruises between now and the end of the year?

None in Feb, only one in March, two in April, and then none between May and September.  Odd for sure.  Does the Panorama have the new livery? Part of that could be a drydock for hull painting, but that doesn't really explain the 4 months without a schedule showing... Maybe it's been worked on and will return to availability... Hmmm... 

(I'm booked on the Panorama in late July of this year, so I'm curious...)

I thought it might be closing bookings because of omicron, as Royal has done, or stopping sailings altogether, as NCL has done for some ships. But that doesn't explain no sailings later in the year. The Carnival booking site is a mystery, sometimes showing unbelievable deals for an hour, then disappearing, or the incredible solo deal not available when I actually go to book. 

5 minutes ago, rj59 said:

I thought it might be closing bookings because of omicron, as Royal has done, or stopping sailings altogether, as NCL has done for some ships. But that doesn't explain no sailings later in the year. The Carnival booking site is a mystery, sometimes showing unbelievable deals for an hour, then disappearing, or the incredible solo deal not available when I actually go to book. 

And that can't really be it either, as there are sailings available closer in (including this Saturday).

Agree on the mystery... 

ETA: Sailings from May-Sept are available for booking through OTA - I checked a couple and all the sailings are there. 

Edited by Brkintx

1 hour ago, linga said:

I also got the email last night ( I'm booked for December) that the itinerary is being reversed.  So maybe they just need to update things on the website?

I got it this morning and couldn’t help but think it was a clerical error since I don’t sail until Jan of 2023. Weird. 

My first thought as I was reading this thread was maybe they’re going into dry dock to fix the propulsion issue, but now…. 🤷‍♀️

Just sent a Facebook message to John Heald about my 5/28/22 itinerary. Went in to browse shore Excursions for this itinerary none there. Then tried doing a dummy booking for that date nothing came up on Carnivals website?  Anyone have any undated info? Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Morebeer said:

Just sent a Facebook message to John Heald about my 5/28/22 itinerary. Went in to browse shore Excursions for this itinerary none there. Then tried doing a dummy booking for that date nothing came up on Carnivals website?  Anyone have any undated info? Thanks. 

My booking for July 23 (Premier or Ultra sailing, can't remember which I booked) also has no excursions showing. After the other discussion, I'm chalking it up to an IT issue they will solve in the near term.

PS: I always find it interesting when people message the BA about individual bookings / etc... I suppose it must get results or people wouldn't do it. 

Edited by Brkintx

Carnival is in the process of reversing the itinerary for all the Panorama sailings though September 2022. They are currently updating all the information. This is also why there are no excursions available for the Panorama if you already have one booked as they are working on moving everything around. Source: I am booked on the 7/30/22 Panorama sailing and they sent out a letter about it this morning.

image.png.c6527d7db41d89549897b96ab110f48b.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CruisingFromLA said:

Carnival is in the process of reversing the itinerary for all the Panorama sailings though September 2022. They are currently updating all the information. This is also why there are no excursions available for the Panorama if you already have one booked as they are working on moving everything around. Source: I am booked on the 7/30/22 Panorama sailing and they sent out a letter about it this morning.

image.png.c6527d7db41d89549897b96ab110f48b.png

This is exact reason I cancelled my Panorama Cruise for next month and changed to the Majestic Princess back in October.

It is clear that they will be running this sub-par itinerary until the ship hits it's next dry dock.

• Haha 3

I am on the April 23rd cruise, it is still available to book online and I can purchase shore excursions. The Sailibration cruise on March 5th and April 16th are also available to book, I wonder if they are not changing the itinerary for those three cruises. I can understand the Sailibration cruise as they have the meet up scheduled but not sure what’s up with the two April cruises. 

11 hours ago, bugeater2 said:

This is exact reason I cancelled my Panorama Cruise for next month and changed to the Majestic Princess back in October.

It is clear that they will be running this sub-par itinerary until the ship hits it's next dry dock.

I'm confused - the change just reverses the same stops, correct? How does this make it sub-par?  (I'm not pushing back at the statement, I'm unclear as to how the difference is impactful.)

• Like 1

They have changed a few sailings to 6 or 8 day itineraries, adding La Paz to the 8 day and the 6 day goes to Cabo twice and Ensenada. The 8 day looks great and I would be very happy to get the extra day and port but would be very disappointed to get the 6 day itinerary. 

The cruiseline shuttle to La Paz makes 2 stops....first to this crystal-clear quasi-deserted small beach

and then on to town.

You MUST stop at the beach, pristine water reminds one of many Caribbean beaches. Afterwards you can either catch the shuttle to town or walk it, it's an easy 20 minute walk.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

They have changed a few sailings to 6 or 8 day itineraries, adding La Paz to the 8 day and the 6 day goes to Cabo twice and Ensenada. The 8 day looks great and I would be very happy to get the extra day and port but would be very disappointed to get the 6 day itinerary. 

Are you saying they've changed the originally scheduled and available itineraries to different length ones?  (I had thought the only change was the order of the stops on each impacted sailing.) 

I've already booked my airfare and night before hotel for my 7 night July sailing, so if it changes to a 6 or 8 day trip, that would be something I'll have to go deal with...

22 minutes ago, Brkintx said:

Are you saying they've changed the originally scheduled and available itineraries to different length ones?  (I had thought the only change was the order of the stops on each impacted sailing.) 

I've already booked my airfare and night before hotel for my 7 night July sailing, so if it changes to a 6 or 8 day trip, that would be something I'll have to go deal with...

I went back and looked, the sailings changed to 6 and 8 day itineraries aren’t until the fall of 2023 and early 2024 so won’t apply to your cruise. Looks like I am on one of the few coming up that keep the original itinerary, we sail April 23rd. I am pretty happy about that but would have been ok with the reversed order too, enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

I went back and looked, the sailings changed to 6 and 8 day itineraries aren’t until the fall of 2023 and early 2024 so won’t apply to your cruise. Looks like I am on one of the few coming up that keep the original itinerary, we sail April 23rd. I am pretty happy about that but would have been ok with the reversed order too, enjoy your cruise! 

Thank you for clarifying - I'm far enough out that the providers would make the changes for me, but I am glad I don't have to do that extra work!

2 hours ago, Brkintx said:

I'm confused - the change just reverses the same stops, correct? How does this make it sub-par?  (I'm not pushing back at the statement, I'm unclear as to how the difference is impactful.)

The change affects the Cabo port day. The times change to 6:30am to 3:00pm. The times for the Majestic Princess are 11:00am to 8:00pm

With Cabo also being a tender port, what time do should you start your return to the ship. 1:30pm? What activities are happening at 7:00am. What is open that early?

I don't know about you, but I like my time at the beach to coincide with a time that the sun is overhead, not sitting on a tender returning to the ship.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bugeater2 said:

The change affects the Cabo port day. The times change to 6:30am to 3:00pm. The times for the Majestic Princess are 11:00am to 8:00pm

With Cabo also being a tender port, what time do should you start your return to the ship. 1:30pm? What activities are happening at 7:00am. What is open that early?

I don't know about you, but I like my time at the beach to coincide with a time that the sun is overhead, not sitting on a tender returning to the ship.

That makes sense - and certainly IS impactful... (thank you for explaining it!)

I never understand those early port schedules... But then I'm not at all a believer in the "get up early while on vacation" mindset.