Seabourn Jan Memo - just some questions

klkaylor78

5 hours ago, Lois10028 said:

I cruised for 56 nights with a total of 2 covid cases aboard the ship.  December 23, before boarding my flight, I spent a couple of hours in the crowded Centurion lounge at Miami Airport.  Most of the people were maskless- and enjoying the self serve buffet.  I decided to enjoy a cup of coffee- and took off my mask. Four days later I tested positive for Covid.  I believe I picked up covid in the lounge.

I return to Miami 3 weeks from today for the Feb 13 cruise.  I wish Seabourn would test everyone before boarding the ship.

We're on that cruise, and we are also hoping that the test all guests at boarding, like they did in L.A.  Certainly the current wave is receding, but there are folks who may test positive two days after testing negative.  

We are on the 1/30 Ovation cruise out of Miami.   The Seabourn Shield Application is now saying a PCR test is required and can be taken 72 hrs. before boarding.   At least three days gives some time for the test results to come back.   They are not saying anything about the antigen test so I wonder if this is a mistake on the Seabourn Shield?

I hope so!  It would be difficult for us do this.  We fly from UK on Saturday 29th, we stay overnight in Miami before embarking on Sunday, we have a Fit to Fly Antigen booked at a Clinic on Friday morning here in UK, in line with CDC  and SB requirements.

I can see one place on SB where it says PCR and doesn't mention Antigen, but everywhere else it says PCR or Antigen, so I think it is a mistake.  I do think SB would be contacting us if anything had changed, as we are getting continual prompts about completing ESTAs and Health questionnaires etc.

9 hours ago, Mauzac said:

It would be difficult for us do this... I do think SB would be contacting us if anything had changed...

I'd say to check with Seabourn directly. There are places in Miami, including the airport, where you can get a PCR test with rapid results should you need to. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We plan on being tested at the airport on Friday before we fly to Miami.  The antigen test is less expensive and you get the results in a few minutes.   The PCR test is more accurate but if they are satisfied with the antigen that’s what we will get.

The rapid antigen test, as you know, is less accurate - more prone to false negative as well as false positive results.  Once I had a false positive on the rapid antigen test, but luckily the result came back so quickly (less than an hour) that I had time to go back for a PCR test, and I got the definitive negative results within 8 hours.

Hence a word of advice:  if doing a rapid antigen test, try to allocate enough time for a follow-up PCR test if necessary.   

• Like 2