Currently in Quarantine - Rapid PCR locations near Port Everglades for flight home?

JessyCruises

We were on RCL's Odyssey of the Seas on 1/9/22 and hubby tested positive for Covid on 1/13/22.  We are currently waiting out our 11 day quaratine before we can return to Canada at the Embassy Suites.  I am negative so I am still going to need a negative PCR test to fly home on 1/24/22 @ 8:30AM.  I want to take a RAPID PCR test on the afternoon of Friday 1/21/2021. Does anyone have any recommendations of where to go?  This spot is just across the street but the test is $179.  I know RCL is supposed to cover it, but I figured I might as well try to save them a little if I could 🙂

Covid PCR Testing – Lab Doctor

Thanks!!

You can try searching the Canadian section of the boards as well, many people post their testing options there.

BeeperMD may work (seems to be hit or miss on whether they show up, I had a great experience but others have not).

Walgreens or CVS nearby should also have a NAAT test, which will probably be 24 hours results and not as rapid, you can book an Uber or Taxi to do the drive through test. 

Curative is another one, it's not drive through, there are locations in FLL and Miami so should be one near you. 

I believe all of those are free

The only pay options I am familiar with are in Orlando or those ordered tests. Sorry not more help than that. 

16 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

We were on RCL's Odyssey of the Seas on 1/9/22 and hubby tested positive for Covid on 1/13/22.  We are currently waiting out our 11 day quaratine before we can return to Canada at the Embassy Suites.  I am negative so I am still going to need a negative PCR test to fly home on 1/24/22 @ 8:30AM.  I want to take a RAPID PCR test on the afternoon of Friday 1/21/2021. Does anyone have any recommendations of where to go?  This spot is just across the street but the test is $179.  I know RCL is supposed to cover it, but I figured I might as well try to save them a little if I could 🙂

Covid PCR Testing – Lab Doctor

Thanks!!

I personal would have your husband tested again different company. It happens false positives, I don't suppose you took any at home test with you to help you confirm?

2 hours ago, katiecat said:

I personal would have your husband tested again different company. It happens false positives, I don't suppose you took any at home test with you to help you confirm?

We actually brought rapid antigen tests with us because we had people joining us for the 2nd leg of a B2B that were staying in our cabins.  They were flying down early Friday AM but our B2B test was not scheduled until 8AM friday and we would not have the results for a couple of hours.  We wanted to make sure we were negative before they got on the plane.  We did the rapid antigen first on the morning of 1/13 and he tested positive so we reported it to RCL onboard and they gave him a PCR test and confirmed it.  He definitely had covid.  Unless he is incredibly unlucky, I do not think he would get 2 false positives on different kind of tests. 🙂

18 hours ago, MamatoJack said:

BeeperMD may work (seems to be hit or miss on whether they show up, I had a great experience but others have not).

Thanks for the tip on BeeperMD.  I actually decided last night to get a test today as I started to feel a bit of a sinus headache coming on and if I am going to pop positive, I would rather do it now.  I signed up for a PCR test (not a rapid one) and it was free.  I requested a 7:30-9:30 AM time and they arrived at 9AM.  She actually gave me a rapid antigen and a PCR test.  The Rapid antigen was negative again. She said I should get the PCR results tomorrow.

Depending on how long it actually takes to get the PCR results, I may just use them again on Friday and save RCL a littel $$.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islanders07 said:

In case we were to test positive after our cruise late January I'm Just wondering how you came to choose this hotel? Did you have a choice? Please post where you get tested. Good luck!

We got the attached document onboard.  RCL said we could either stay at the hotel they had a contract with and they would cover the costs, or we could pick any hotel of our choosing and pay and get reimbursed later up to $350 per day.  They told us their hotel was the Four Points by Sheraton Dania Beach.  We are hilton Diamond members so preferred to stay at a Hilton where we could actually get some points and benefits.  I had remembered reading about the Embassy Suites on here as somewhere people often stay pre-cruise and it seemed to be close to alot of restaurants and within walking distance to some stores so that is why we chose it.  The room is a little run down, but the property itself is nice and is in a great spot for restaurants, etc.  

IMG_5773.jpg

IMG_5774.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

We are currently waiting out our 11 day quaratine before we can return to Canada at the Embassy Suites. 

I don't know if this would help you or not, but if you are considering walkable options, the Embassy Suites is pretty much midway between CVS and Walgreens, and you could check online with both to see which tests are offered, costs involved, as well as availability.  Good luck, and safe travels!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JessyCruises said:

We got the attached document onboard.  RCL said we could either stay at the hotel they had a contract with and they would cover the costs, or we could pick any hotel of our choosing and pay and get reimbursed later up to $350 per day.  They told us their hotel was the Four Points by Sheraton Dania Beach.  We are hilton Diamond members so preferred to stay at a Hilton where we could actually get some points and benefits.  I had remembered reading about the Embassy Suites on here as somewhere people often stay pre-cruise and it seemed to be close to alot of restaurants and within walking distance to some stores so that is why we chose it.  The room is a little run down, but the property itself is nice and is in a great spot for restaurants, etc.  

IMG_5773.jpg

IMG_5774.jpg

Thank you for the information. I'm guessing Celebrity would do something similar. Good luck with it all and safe trip home.

• Like 1