Princess Cay

Shebba

6 hours ago, antsp said:

Why do people post stuff and say I was told/heard but don't say by who or where

Because it wouldn’t matter in the answer. But, since you’re interested, it was a family member that is going to be on our upcoming cruise. She heard it from a YouTuber that is cruising on the Caribbean Princess this week. I hope that satisfies your concerns. 

—-People—

1 hour ago, Shebba said:

Because it wouldn’t matter in the answer. But, since you’re interested, it was a family member that is going to be on our upcoming cruise. She heard it from a YouTuber that is cruising on the Caribbean Princess this week. I hope that satisfies your concerns. 

—-People—

The average person doesn’t realize that you can’t always dock in the Bahamas. It’s not normal, but also not uncommon. When they can anchor, they do. Sometimes winds prevent it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shebba said:

A YouTuber, thank goodness, I thought it was from someone reliable for a minute. 

• Haha 2

Be aware - other cruise lines have had stops at their own "Private" Cay Island denied by the Bahamian government due to excessive COVID infestations. 

Seems odd - as it is a private island, but it still has to follow the rules and regulation of Bahama...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RGEDad said:

Be aware - other cruise lines have had stops at their own "Private" Cay Island denied by the Bahamian government due to excessive COVID infestations. 

Seems odd - as it is a private island, but it still has to follow the rules and regulation of Bahama...

Nothing odd ... Princess has leased acreage from Bahamas on a Bahamian island ... Princess does not own this property ... they are paying for the right to develop and use this area of the island.

• Like 2

Just FYI: Here is a discussion on the CC HAL thread

We were scheduled to stop at Half Moon Cay a few minutes ago, but the Captain just announced that the Bahamian authorities unexpectedly  changed the threshold level and barred the Zuiderdam from allowing passengers from visiting HAL's private island.  He sounded very surprised and disappointed about the news.

Seven other cruises discussed as being barred, and discussions as to WHY being banned...

• Like 1