Azamara solo?

LaCroisiereS'amuse

I've just booked my first cruise on Azamara, and the first on my own.  My late partner & I sailed mostly with Oceania, and whilst I love the Oceania product they have never really been a singles line.  I always found "O" to be gay friendly, but they never marketed overtly to our demographic unlike Azamara, and I get the impression that "A" are a bit more singles friendly.  I'm 54 & my partner was 53 and we were usually amongst the youngest on an Oceania ship - is the age range any different on Azamara?  I imagine that with this itinerary starting in Cape Town and ending in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria there will be a fairly high % of fellow LGBT travellers on board.  Any hints, tips & observations gratefully received! 😃

I think you will have a great time, Az is very gayfriendly (staff and passengers).

Very easy to come into contact with other passengers and very short after departure they organize a LGBT.... party. 

The age onboard is around 50+, so not really an " old" cruise lol

Bob en Cor

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, boco said:

I think you will have a great time, Az is very gayfriendly (staff and passengers).

Very easy to come into contact with other passengers and very short after departure they organize a LGBT.... party. 

The age onboard is around 50+, so not really an " old" cruise lol

Bob en Cor

Dank u wel! 😃

On 1/19/2022 at 2:57 PM, LaCroisiereS'amuse said:

I've just booked my first cruise on Azamara, and the first on my own.  My late partner & I sailed mostly with Oceania, and whilst I love the Oceania product they have never really been a singles line.  I always found "O" to be gay friendly, but they never marketed overtly to our demographic unlike Azamara, and I get the impression that "A" are a bit more singles friendly.  I'm 54 & my partner was 53 and we were usually amongst the youngest on an Oceania ship - is the age range any different on Azamara?  I imagine that with this itinerary starting in Cape Town and ending in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria there will be a fairly high % of fellow LGBT travellers on board.  Any hints, tips & observations gratefully received! 😃

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have traveled on Azamara and planned to just sit by myself at a 

table for two.  Yet in reality from the start, (straight) folks ask me to 

join them. Yes, there were Gay couples but I was included with (straight)

folks and that was fine.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I find Azamara to be the best cruise line to go solo. Always found plenty of company and I’ve never gone to dinner alone.  

There is a LGBT drinks get together in the Living Room every evening. Very informal and tends to morph to attendees making their own arrangements for timing around other activities. 

The most social place is the smoking area on deck nine, always plenty of people there for a chat a drink whether you smoke or not. 

I’ve done two this year and have two more booked. Can not recommend enough for anyone cruising solo.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RW75 said:

I find Azamara to be the best cruise line to go solo. Always found plenty of company and I’ve never gone to dinner alone.  

There is a LGBT drinks get together in the Living Room every evening. Very informal and tends to morph to attendees making their own arrangements for timing around other activities. 

The most social place is the smoking area on deck nine, always plenty of people there for a chat a drink whether you smoke or not. 

I’ve done two this year and have two more booked. Can not recommend enough for anyone cruising solo.

Thanks for your reply - very reassuring info!