Bit of a Blog : B2B2B : SoA : embarking 20/01/22

NorbertsNiece

39 minutes ago, NorbertsNiece said:

@gymfreakam sat with her now. I've a pic. Diego, the GS Director is just talking to her.

Thank you Linda You and Diego are true stars. I got cut off on the phone but have sent her a message about medical bills she needs to attend to on the ship If you see her ask her to read it please ❤️

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Captain's pm update. Briefly : will be back in Southampton Wednesday March 9th. Full refund within 7 days.

So pleased you will get a full refund Linda.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

So, 20 empty days before the next scheduled cruise.

Do you think they might try and slip in a quick jaunt to the Canaries and back, at a bargain price ?

I was thinking the same thing - or could do 3x5 day cruises in that time and have a few days breather. Around the uk ? 

I sincerely hope they won’t do anything in that time frame. Surely it would be more sensible to have a complete break, give the crew the chance to isolate and recover from Covid and deep clean the ship! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kruzgal said:

I sincerely hope they won’t do anything in that time frame. Surely it would be more sensible to have a complete break, give the crew the chance to isolate and recover from Covid and deep clean the ship! 

Given the nature of Covid,  a deep clean is not required, but a 7 day break for the crew would certainly be beneficial.   

• Like 4

Day 44 / 67

Day 11 Ponta Delgada - Horta - Horta

Sea day

Good morning and thanks for following.

WiFi continues to be a bit broken, photos still not welcome. Misty day out.

Honestly feeling deflated. But not defeated. Met Commodore Inga Kennedy last night at dinner. Excited to attend her talk about her life in the British Navy later.

Edited by NorbertsNiece
  • Thanks 1

NN - I have been following your blog with interest, and wondering if you are a trained or professional speaker/writer? You have a rare ability to sum up, and make interesting, a whole scene in just two or three words.

(I misread your felt budgie as feel budgie - first thought was, oooh - nasty peck there. Then I put my glasses back on).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

(I misread your felt budgie as feel budgie - first thought was, oooh - nasty peck there. Then I put my glasses back on).

Me too!  After getting a vision of budgie smugglers!

• Haha 1

Just now, nosapphire said:

NN - I have been following your blog with interest, and wondering if you are a trained or professional speaker/writer? You have a rare ability to sum up, and make interesting, a whole scene in just two or three words.

That's really kind of you. No. Not trained or professional. Used to read a lot and did train to teach English back in the day but diversified hugely into an altogether different career..... was a beat patrol bobby!

• Like 2

Just overheard in queue for LFT testing. Words to the effect ..... you tested positive yesterday you must stay in your room.

🤦‍♀️

Line ahead of me unhappy regarding disinfecting of chairs sat in and PPE of medic who performed LFT on the couple.

Testing paused. Medic's PPE removed and she's seated waiting on a new set.

We were offered the opportunity to DIY but declined. Now tested and back in room.

9 minutes ago, NorbertsNiece said:

That's really kind of you. No. Not trained or professional. Used to read a lot and did train to teach English back in the day but diversified hugely into an altogether different career..... was a beat patrol bobby!

Wow !!!!! Respect !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Captain's update.

Horta pilot station 0700 tomorrow.

Fuel, crew and provisions being taken on board then full speed for Southampton.

6 crew tested Covid positive today so a total of 62 out of action.

23 guests tested positive today = 126 currently infected.

The wearing of masks was stressed. Again.

I was hoping that testing when no symptoms would be ceased. He didn't say whether he'd be broadcasting again today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1