Wine

mama_2_boys

15 minutes ago, mama_2_boys said:

How does buying bottles of wine work? We don't drink enough to warrant Cheers but will drink more than the 2 bottles we can bring on board. If we buy a bottle at a bar will they let us take it with us? I know in the dining room they cork and store it. 

You can take the bottle from the MDR if you wish. Or they can store it 

Yes, you can take a bottle from a bar if you wish 

You might consider one of the wine packages (3 or 5) bottles of wine that could save you some money 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You can take the bottle from the MDR if you wish. Or they can store it 

Yes, you can take a bottle from a bar if you wish 

You might consider one of the wine packages (3 or 5) bottles of wine that could save you some money 

Do you have any info on the wine packages? I haven't seen anything about that. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

On Magic in October I was told they were no longer storing open wine due to COVID protocols.

They stored if for us last July (Horizon), September (Glory), November (Valor) and December (Valor). I don't know what to tell you.

49 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

They stored if for us last July (Horizon), September (Glory), November (Valor) and December (Valor). I don't know what to tell you.

That "COVID protocols" are inconsistent across the fleet (at least in implementation) and sometimes get made up ship-by-ship.

6 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

That "COVID protocols" are inconsistent across the fleet (at least in implementation) and sometimes get made up ship-by-ship.

or another opinion is that they can vary by ship and sailing depending on circumstances and trying to keep passengers and crew safe.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

or another opinion is that they can vary by ship and sailing depending on circumstances and trying to keep passengers and crew safe.

🤣🤣🤣

Spreading COVID by storing opened bottles of wine together either is or isn't a risk. There are no "circumstances" involved except shipboard management making up their own protocols.

21 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Spreading COVID by storing opened bottles of wine together either is or isn't a risk. There are no "circumstances" involved except shipboard management making up their own protocols.

Of course there are. Some ships have more covid cases than others. The storing of wine isn't the issue. The handling of open bottles is. Particularly when Omicron survives a lot longer on surfaces than other variants. 

• Haha 1