Business Class fares UK to Alaska voyage

As a newbie to RSSC, can anyone help me with a rough idea on what the price difference would be to upgrade to business /Club class flights when travelling on a RSSC package from the UK for an Alaska voyage. Routing would be LHR to Anchorage and return to UK from Vancouver. I have an idea of BA and Air Canada pricing if booking flights direct from them for an equivalent time period this year, but it would be useful to know how much RSSC has charged in the past, although I appreciate flight pricing is fluid. We are travelling June 2023. Thanks

Edited by 8611202

We often upgrade to business flights from U.K. when on cruises. We often say that it doubles the cost of the holiday, but we have never cruised on Regent (yet). Our first Regent cruise is later this year.

I would think you would be looking at £2000 extra each, minimum. But why not go on BA website and do a mock booking return to Vancouver for this year and see what the difference between world traveler and club class is.

In our opinion it is worth it. My husband is 6’4” and economy on long haul is torture. Also you can get a few hours of sleep meaning you arrive ready to enjoy your destination, rather than feeling like a half dead zombie. I always take a sleep suit to change into because the toilet in business is bigger with room to change at. Food is better too.

Hope that helps a bit.

• Like 1

We always upgrade to business class whether in Europe or farther afield. Regent will give your TA the cost of an upgrade when the flights are available which is usually 10 to 11 months before departure.

My experience is that they are cheaper, sometimes considerably cheaper, than booking with the airline direct. I believe that Regent have contracts with them to enable lower pricing. My only grumble with Regent flights ( economy or business)  is that BA, who Regent use mostly for flights from the UK will only issue the tickets which enable choosing ( and paying extra for) seats some three weeks after final payment.

This can significantly remove choice of seats as most have already been reserved. The alternative ( no cost) is to wait until check in and again my experience on several occasions is that due to over booking no seats are available and we were bumped.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, swansong said:

My only grumble with Regent flights ( economy or business)  is that BA, who Regent use mostly for flights from the UK will only issue the tickets which enable choosing ( and paying extra for) seats some three weeks after final payment.

Wow, that is different from when the flights are included in the cruise fare in North America. We have flown with BA a few times on our way to or from a Regent cruise and we have always been able to get seat selection as soon we booked the flights through Regent.  We have always deviated so we make our flight booking at the 270 day mark and within  a couple days of accepting the deviated flights we have been able to do our seat selection. It has given us the wonderful opportunity to select seats on the upper deck of the 747's on more than one occasion.  Sorry you aren't as lucky. 

• Like 1

1982CruzStart et al:  

No one will be that lucky, again, as to acquiring upper deck seats ( more specifically two in either Rows 62 or 63) on BA's 747s. 

It was our good fortune to occupy this general area on numerous (pre-COVID) hops across the Pond while leaving from, or returning to, SEATAC following European Regent cruise segments.  Our last--and who knew it at that time--was September, 2019.  That was Heathrow back to Seattle.  

BA had earlier indicated intention to discontinue use of 747s on this, and other cross-ocean routings, sometime in late 2020 due to excessive fuel costs.  The ensuing COVID situation moved up that timeline.  

Pity.  My memories of 747s go way-back to when that upper deck was, mainly, a Lounge at 35,000 feet complete with sofas; a staffed Bar; and comfortable seats.  That template certainly dates me.   

GOARMY!