Odd question - gym space to practice dancing on QE?

Mel_Oz

Hi folks,

I last took a long trip (7 weeks) on a Princess cruise, and the gym staff let me use the group/aerobics exercise room for belly dancing practice when classes weren't on. It was a good way to revive my dance skills, improve my fitness and have some time to myself (bar the folks who passed by on the promenade deck)

Is there a similar exercise room on the QE?

(I want to know if it's worth packing a dance belt and my music)

Edited by Mel_Oz
typo

11 hours ago, Mel_Oz said:

Hi folks,

I last took a long trip (7 weeks) on a Princess cruise, and the gym staff let me use the group/aerobics exercise room for belly dancing practice when classes weren't on. It was a good way to revive my dance skills, improve my fitness and have some time to myself (bar the folks who passed by on the promenade deck)

Is there a similar exercise room on the QE?

(I want to know if it's worth packing a dance belt and my music)

The best place consider is the Yacht Club during the day, it’s free to use, but check the daily planner for available time windows, as it can be used for various activities such as Ballroom/Latin private dance classes, quizzes etc..  Also, cruisers can use this area for reading, therefore headphones will be a must.  But first ask the P desk when boarding if okay, plus they may have an alternative.

• Like 1

In the gym on the QV there is a quite a large space next to the bikes, treadmills etc. where you can put down a mat for stretching/yoga/weights etc. It was, as I recall, sometimes used for spa talks but generally was free to use for exercise. It's not a private space.  I think the QE gym had a similar layout and space but my memory is less clear than of the QV. The QM has, I think, a totally different layout where the treadmills aren't arranged all along the front of the ship and, in that case, the spare space was much more limited. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Belle on board said:

In the gym on the QV there is a quite a large space next to the bikes, treadmills etc. where you can put down a mat for stretching/yoga/weights etc. It was, as I recall, sometimes used for spa talks but generally was free to use for exercise. It's not a private space.  I think the QE gym had a similar layout and space but my memory is less clear than of the QV. The QM has, I think, a totally different layout where the treadmills aren't arranged all along the front of the ship and, in that case, the spare space was much more limited. 

On QM2 you might be able to use one of the 'tender boarding lounge' areas on deck 1. One thing I noticed on a 2017 crossing was that a piano was provided for passengers to practice with in one of the lounges off the 'C' staircase & lifts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

On QM2 you might be able to use one of the 'tender boarding lounge' areas on deck 1. One thing I noticed on a 2017 crossing was that a piano was provided for passengers to practice with in one of the lounges off the 'C' staircase & lifts.

Thank you but we will be on the QE 🙂