Century Review 2/4-2/11

Gibsmith

This was my second cruise with Celebrity and probably my tenth cruise overall. The first X cruise was great. This one....well, pretty much all that can go wrong did go wrong. From a computer problem that almost prevented one of our group members from being able to board, to moving us up, without request, to a smoking room, lost luggage between the pier and the boat, to being late to every port, to dining room staff that were very cold to us, well, let's just say we might not be back.

I know everyone is in love with Celebrity, but honestly and being a very objective person, this cruise simply did not live up to standard.

I'm happy to post the letter I sent to Celebrity if anyone is interested in the more gruesome details, or I can email it.:(

I'm sorry you're cruise was such a disappointment to you. It seems like everything that could go wrong did go wrong! I hope you will give Celebrity another chance. They are hands down my favorite line and Century is by far my favorite ship.

Terri

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself. I am curious to hear about what kind of computer problem could keep a passenger from Boarding...don't want to encounter that in the future.

Also, to my knowledge, there are no non-smoking rooms on the ship. So I don't know how you were moved from a non-smoking room to a smoking room. We are non-smokers and I hate the smell of smoke but we have never noticed a smoky smell in any of our cabins. They seem to do an admirable job of cleaning the cabins.

I'd also like to know in what way the dining staff was cold to you. We have never encoutered any one like that on our cruises and we eat in the dining room for breakfast, lunch and dinner so we meet lots of different servers.

Thanks.

I too am curious about your complaints, could you give more information as to computer problems, changing your cabin, etc. We are going on Century in Sept. and do not want any problems with our sailing as we are celebrating our 34th anniversary on board.

I have cruised with Celebrity 2 times and always had great, fun servers in the Dinning rooms. Sorry your experience was not the same.

Hi Everyone !

I wouldnt worry too much about problems with Century. I have been on her MANY times, and she has always been wonderful. I was on her in November, and we had one of our best Celebrity Cruises ever.

As for smoking rooms ? I do not know of any, so I do not know what the OP is talking about on that issue.

I am sailing on Century again in 2 weeks. I will post a review here when I am back.

Based upon company policy, there are no smoking or non smoking rooms on any Celebrity or Princess ship.

We were on her for a two day last month and she is every bit as good as I remembered her to be.

Would really like to hear more from the op. Has he hit and run?

Archived